IGNORED

Suspension Techniques Anti-Roll bar

mattymatmat

I was scouring the net for good deals on Suspension Techniques anti-roll bars but became a little confused...

Most sites will list front and rear bars for the 240z from 70-73

Parts# 50095, 51075 (respectively)

They will also list for the 260z 8/74 and up

Parts# 50100, 51080

If I have an early 260z, which do I go with??? I'll be inquiring with the vendors but was hoping someone here had some experience themselves with which ones to purchase. Little help?

Interesting that they would sell you a rear anti-sway bar for a 240, since it doesn't have any mounts. You would have to get them fabricated.

But you have a 260, which DOES have an existing rear anti-sway bar.

I'm pretty sure any of the sway bars you listed with bolt up on the 260. The difference would be the thickness. Victoria British lists Suspension Techniques 88-800 sway bar set as 1 inch front and 3/4 rear for the 240 Z. 88-801 for the 260-280Z has a 1 1/8 inch front and 7/8 inch rear.

I've got the Suspension Techniques front and rear anti-sway bars with Suspension Techniques Sport Springs installed in my '73 240Z. I installed these components in 1999 and I am very pleased with the handling and stance of the car. The rear Suspension Techniques anti-sway bar comes with diff/mustache bar hanging brackets so there is no need to get them fabricated.

Parts# 50100, 51080

If I have an early 260z, which do I go with>

Look at the data plate in your driverside door jam to confirm the mfg date of your chassis. That will tell you when your car was built and thus you'll know which set to buy.

The S/T Rear bar for 240Z comes as a kit with all the hardware necessary to install including brackets.

Vicky: Yes, you are correct. same-o same-o

I have a set of Arizona Z car adjustable front and rear sway bars for sale, they will fit a Z that has Factory mounts and are 1 1/8" front and 7/8" rear. These have special endlinks and are adjustable with 3 or 4 different settings. The front bar comes with a special mount that offsets the mounting postion of the front bar so that it will not rip apart your frame rail under extreme driving /racing conditions.

These parts are off of a "B" Street Prepared autocross 280Z and are in excellent condition.

That's interesting...I have a 71 (11/70) 240Z with sway bars mounted F&R.

The rear bar is mounted in front of the differential, not behind it. I have a photo of the car when it was supposedly modified by BRE. That might explain the anti-sway bars, R180 LSD w/4.11 R&P, 5 speed gearbox (non-dogleg), etc. I'm still trying to learn what is original and what is modified.

I was scouring the net for good deals on Suspension Techniques anti-roll bars but became a little confused...

Parts# 50100, 51080

If I have an early 260z, which do I go with??? I'll be inquiring with the vendors but was hoping someone here had some experience themselves with which ones to purchase. Little help?

Bambi hit it . I have a late'73 8/73 and it has the factory mounts for a rear swaybar. If you have a early '74 look at the bar you have if it is has not been removed , and you will see that it has a bend in it so that it will clear the diff. all the others are stright and will not fit using the stock mounts. I dont remember what the cut off date was for this set up , for the 260. If the bar is gone just sight down the line from one mount to the other and see if a stright bar would clear . The stright one is the later design like on the 280s The end links are all the same.

I have confirmed that my Z was indeed a BRE modified racer. Rodger at ZBarn knew the car and acquired BRE parts from it. The PO decided to restore the car and chose to remove pieces like the oil cooler. They were traded off for other needed parts with Rodger. Does anyone know a means to trace a VIN# to BRE? I'd love to have a bit of history on this vehicle.

So if I check the date and it is an early 260z as I believe, then I should get the 240z set? Is that what your suggesting Bambi? If a straight bar does not fit which set are you suggesting works beandip?

All I'm saying is to look at the mfg date on your car and make your purchase based on it and the data from S/T. That's what I'd do anyway.