IGNORED

Abolishment of the 15 year rule

MickieB

Sorry guys but thats the best news I've heard today :nervous:

I already own a 90's 300tt and was expecting the arse to fall out of the market this year.

Seriously though I think imports should meet our safety standards regards intrusion beams, seatbelts etc the bullshit part is the people that charge $1000 just for the compliance plate :bandit:

Gav: The ZX turbo would be pre 89, therefore you can still import them without having to go through SEVS etc.

My understanding of the situation is that you will still be able to import pre 89 vehicles, until ~2019, then the year will start increasing. Just imagine how crapped out all the GT-Rs, 300ZXs etc will be by then. :eek:

Wow, I know things here in the states are not getting any better, but man I feel for you guys down there in Auzzie land. They take away your guns, now they're taking away your cars....what's next on the agenda? Look out guys, next they'll be coming after your pe_ _s's (hangy-down-think). :nervous:

We still got guns man. We just don't shoot people with them so it's all good..

I agree though, that is the strongest point against it, they're taking away our right. Our right to choose cheaper better quality cars over the junk that's already here.

I mean i can understand if they want us to buy more cars built in Australia but at the end of the day who's gonna benefit? International car companies of course.

It's a bit unfair but we can still import cars I guess. It's just the 15 year rule where it's cheaper. However to be fair some cars arn't allowed to be registered here which is unfair.

Nah the problem is that the SEVS rules are too unworkable. Also a lot of cars won't be put under that scheme either, so for example if you want a nice nissan (R32 GTR, 300zx, s13 silvia/180sx, GTi-R) too bad, they're not importable. This is taking the rights away from us to chose the better car.

What, not importable at all? I just thought they would be treated like the <15 yr old cars are now? That is, cannot be modified in any way and cost a packet to get up to scratch with the ADR's?

Like you, I am really keen on an BNR32 at some stage in the distant future (hopefully before they become classic LOL). I'm not sure I would import one through Geoff or another company though, difficult to know what you're getting...