IGNORED

How Old?

AChev

How old are you? (or should I say young)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you? (or should I say young)

• 16 - 20
    • 20 - 30
    • 30 - 40
    • 40 - 50
    • 50 +

Well I'm 43. Bought my first Z, a 78 280Z in 1983. Sold a 78 6.6 Trans Am for that Z. Bought the Z off the original owner. Prior to the Z, I was into American Muscle Cars until I caught Z Fever. Ever since then I've been into the Japanese Muscle Car, known as our beloved Z :love:

Vicky

50+ here. I was about BillRamsey's age when they came out.

I've owned two (not including 3 parts donors) and both were racers.

Started building my first racecar after getting a full blown ride in Camel GT Z pacecar (previous years Posey championship car) with Don Devendorf and also with Jerry Hanson. Sorry guys, but professional Devendorf wasn't as fast as 26 time national amature champ Hanson.

Have had my present car for almost 25 years now. When will it be finished????

Another Geeeezer sounding off! I too was 19 when the 70 Z came out....amazing to be able to remember that far back in time! LOL I fell in love with the Z the first time I saw it, during my senior year in high school. So in 1983 I found the Z I had been looking for and boy was I excited about getting it. Purchased a RED 1970 240Z (manf. date 3/70) in 1983 from Pierrez in Hawthorne Ca.. It's currently a street car and has seen tons of TLC in addition to many modifications. Like I always say..."It's so much fun to drive, it should be illegal". By the way, it still has the same paint job on it as when I purchased it in 83....still looks respectible.

A note to the younger guys......just because us geeezers may be physically older (and maybe a little better situated financially speaking), our minds still think we're in our 20's....a good thing to be able to look forward to. Life's a gas, especially when you own a Z car!!!

21 in 4 hours

And I'm 44 in 10 hours! My 11/69 240Z was born as I was getting ready for my 8th christmas, but my 5/78 280Z came in as I was one year from graduating from High School. I got my first Z, a 1971 240Z when I was 17 (just about as my current 280 was being born!), and then a 1975 280Z during college when I was about 21. Seems so long ago!

Okay, enough of this geezer stuff. If you're driving a Z then you're a long way from the 79 year old with the bad eye sight in the 81 Sedan Deville at the local Mega-Lo Mart smacking his bumpers off everything in sight. And then driving away completely unaware that he just caved in the rear fender on a Subaru....LOL

Sorry...had a moment there. :classic:

Chris

One thing I've noticed on this thread is that I'm not quite the oldest. I won't turn 65 for another 3 weeks and when my May '70 Z was built I was a few hundred miles south on the island of Okinawa flying two daily missions to the Gulf of Tonkin. I fell in love with the new Z when I saw it at the Nissan dealership where I was having my 1600 roadster serviced. It took me another ten years to get my first Z, and I'm on my third one now, always early Series I cars.