IGNORED

Sagamiko meeting 2004

HS30-H

I have fallen in love with the look myself as I think Zheadv8 has am i right?

Oh yes indeed - I am unsure about overfenders but the clean, almost clinical lines of some of these JDM cars are stunning. SOme of the hideous after market bolt on lumps of cheap plastic do nothing for me, however, the really high quality bits ......... different bottle of chips. :lick:

snip

You mean the warehouse at Zama? ( sore point: Nissan can't call it a proper 'museum' unless they admit the general public ). I've only been there once and I think it might be a while before I can go there again. Maybe Nissan will even get their new 'museum' floor in their proposed new Yokohama HQ built before I go there again ( its scheduled to open in 2010! ).

I've actually got hundreds of shots of the three Works cars that Nissan still own. What do you want to see? I might play requests.

Alan T.

Yes, I meant the "warehouse".

I'm interested in any photos of SA 8075. Bumper brackets have been re-designed by #2 son and are a WIP. Hopefully, I 'll be able to start work on the replica after Xmas.

Cheers

MOM

Also hadn't noticed your developments on the 432-R until now, must say it looks as though it is coming on a treat, I also love the colour, VERY good choice. Was the majority of the paint job done at fourways?

Hi Phil,

It doesn't really feel as though I have made much progress on the car. Most of the work I did on it over the Summer months was with it sitting up on high jackstands with me laying underneath scraping, brushing and wire-wheeling off the underbody. Its done now, but it feels like it took forever. I've had a few hiccups with lost components between my sandblaster and powdercoater ( each blaming the other ) and frankly probably spent too many weekends driving the R32 instead of in the garage. Now Winter is here and the garage is a cold, dark and uninviting prospect....

Yes, Fourways did all the interior, engine bay and exterior paint on the body. Its 920 'Safari Brown' ( 'Gold' in Export markets ) and therefore not the correct colour for a Factory PZR - which is a 'deliberate mistake' on my part.

I brought my specially-fabricated front crossmember back from Japan as checked-in baggage this time ( the S20 engine mounting 'towers' are quite different to those of the L-series engines ). It looked quite suspicious going through the X-Ray machine at the airport, especially with the 432R-type engine bay wiring loom that was packaged with it. The security inspectors ran it through a few extra times at different angles and looked at it quizzically, but gladly didn't ask me to unwrap it. I guess they get to see all sorts......

Cheers,

Alan T.

I'm interested in any photos of SA 8075. Bumper brackets have been re-designed by #2 son and are a WIP. Hopefully, I 'll be able to start work on the replica after Xmas.

Cheers

MOM

Mike,

'TKS 33 SA 8075' is not one of the three cars still owned by Nissan that are stored at Zama.

I only have a few 'period' shots of the car, and I presume that it would have gone back to Japan at some point ( presumably after the 'Dulux International' event that you reported its participation in? ) for a refurb / new identity or recycling into another shell.

You're making an '8075' replica, or a 'Works' look replica in general?

Cheers,

Alan T.

cheers, Alan. I have contined the discussion about your replica in your gallery so not to hijack the thread!

The problem is that e-mail notifications of responses / questions don't seem to be working lately. I haven't had any for a few weeks, it seems. This makes it hard to keep up, and means I may miss the discussion / question. I'm my own worst enemy for posting so many pics I know, and without the e-mail notifications its almost impossible to keep up and be polite.

Yes I posted a thread about your exact same problem Alan I only had a couple of replies and I figured it must have been a small group effected but now I realise it must be a good lot of us having the problem. Mike hasn't said anything yet but I don't wanna hijack the thread so I might PM him.

Mike,

snip..

You're making an '8075' replica, or a 'Works' look replica in general?

Cheers,

Alan T.

Hi Alan, thanks for the info, I wasn't sure exactly what happened to 8075 after The Dulux. I had thought it may have made an appearence in Europe as the Oz rallies where generally considered a "shakedown" for the Northern Hemisphere events, so any info that you may have about it is appreciated as I've exhausted all my contacts down here.

I'm intending to use 8075 as a RHD replica in general, similar to what Guus has done. If you remember [although, we do ramble on a bit] I asked in a previous thread about RHD works rally cars with the Monte` front.

8075 was the only one I could find that was in Aus and had a history that was applicable.

I'm awaiting any further info with baited breath....

Cheers

Mike

PS, perhaps you could revive the Dulux thread if you have any more photos, info etx about 8075. In that manner all info is kept together.

MOM

May be of interest to Mike and Alan..and I'll stick it in my gallery when it's working again, I have an article from "Classic & Sportscar" Dec. 1995 page 20. A few columns about a works rally Z found in a shed in County Duhram after sitting there for 17 years. It apparently starred in the 1971 RAC Rally...one of three shipped over for UK's toughest rally. Driven by Edgar Herrmann to 19th place. Japanese rego was TKS 33 SA 3640 , UK rego was PTE 337L.

I'll leave the rest for the photo.

Jim.

P.S. to keep on topic, I don't think it was at Sagamiko was it Alan?! :nervous:

post-6441-14150794512899_thumb.jpg

May be of interest to Mike and Alan..

Japanese rego was TKS 33 SA 3640 , UK rego was PTE 337L.

Owner Kevin Bristow is one of my best mates.

The car was in a bit of a state when he got it - but it was 99% complete and the 'real thing'.......

Kevin has done the most amazing job to resurrect the car. Its not quite finished yet, but the work he has done to date is spot-on. He is a true inspiration.

I fully expect this car to take a trip back to Japan at some point - to meet up with its surviving relatives and ( hopefully ) a little guest spot in Nissan's proposed new Yokohama HQ museum floor. Fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Alan T.

Then the Veilside-kitted Z33 turned up, and the owner appeared to be best mates with them both. That made the penny drop for me...... three peas in a pod.

Alan,

Thanks again for the many and varied pictures. I had to chuckle when reading your comments regarding the 432 twins as well as the Z33 with a most unusual body kit. I am constantly receiving words of "advice" regarding body kits that I "should" be installing on my Z33 as well as a host of other modifications. A period correct modification is understandable but there is a fine line where in my opinion it crosses the boundaries of good taste.

Thanks again especially for the pics of the GP Maroon ZG's!