IGNORED

Sagamiko meeting 2004

HS30-H

Hello all,

I have just returned from Japan, and whilst there I was able to attend this year's joint meeting of 'CLUB S30' and 'S30 OWNERS CLUB' held at Sagamiko Picnic Land in Kanagawa prefecture on Sunday 7th November.

Once again the event was blessed with perfect Autumn weather; clear skies and the low November sun playing tricks on golden leaves and car paintwork alike in this attractive Japanese day-tripper's location.

The turnout was not as prolific as the 2003 event ( which was itself rather exceptional ) but it was still a nice informal and club-based meeting with a relaxed atmosphere, and a rare chance to see some nice Japanese cars in their home environment. A particularly high proportion of 432s and ZGs were evident, as well as a number of replica ZGs and otherwise-modified cars.

A new section in the '2004 Events' has been created for these photos, and I will add a few more every now and then when I edit and downsize them. I hope that everyone will enjoy them.

Here's a direct link: CLUB S30 / S30 OWNERS CLUB Sagamiko 2004 meeting

Cheers,

Alan T.

Thanks Alan - your pictures never fail to impress!! A large number of "ZG look" cars, I'm guessing most were replicas. Did you mainly take pictures of these cars, or is the G-Nose actually that popular a modification in Japan?

P.S. Thanks too for uploading a C110!! Was that one an authentic GT-R?

Stunning pictures Alan ! Thank you for sharing them........ however, you have caused me a slight dilemma :rolleyes:

As you know, there is one car from Sagamiko that I just drool over and that is the inspiration for my own - it still is in terms of engineering but.......

One of your pictures shows the front view of a ZG style S30 with body coloured arches. Is this a "true" G nose or an after market kit do you know ?

It is a beautiful car indeed, so a mixture of the engineering ideas on Tatsuyo san's and the styling on this one would be staggering (IMHO)

My only reservation is the bolt on arches (over fenders I believe they are called) that come with the ZG. They are perfectly original and look period to a tee but I think I would mould them to the body.

Did you manage to get the parts details we discussed please ?

Cheers

Andy F

A large number of "ZG look" cars, I'm guessing most were replicas. Did you mainly take pictures of these cars, or is the G-Nose actually that popular a modification in Japan?

Hi Lachlan,

Yes, a lot of cars this time featured the 'ZG look' - and not many of them were original Factory ZG models. Most of them were easy to identify, but there were a couple that were more difficult to pin down.

I think the Sagamiko event tends to attract a lot of the more modified cars in the two clubs, and this can distort the view of what is popular in Japan. There are other events that seem to attract a lower proportion of the modified crowd. For sure there were a lot of long noses there ( not just mine ).

P.S. Thanks too for uploading a C110!! Was that one an authentic GT-R?

KGC110 modified to 'GT-R look'. Same car was there last year too. SUPER clean car inside and out. I have some more pics to post of this one. A most welcome 'stray' at the event. Nice friendly owner too.

One of your pictures shows the front view of a ZG style S30 with body coloured arches. Is this a "true" G nose or an after market kit do you know ?

Hi Andy,

Do you mean the red one with the fully polished wheels? If you look more closely, you can see that it is in fact an LHD car, and therefore most certainly not an original Factory ZG.

The lower front panel is an aftermarket part too. There are a variety of lower front panels / spoilers still being produced which fit the G-Nose upper panels and headlamp pods.

Maybe the USA would be a more likely source of extended wheel arch mouldings that can be blended into the body? I thought you wanted to stick with original Factory bodylines and get your wheels into the stock openings, but if you are prepared to go wider then things get more complicated. You will need to make sure that all your choices ( wheel arch panels, wheel and tyre sizes / offsets and suspension ride height / springing / damping ) all match up to give you what you want both in terms of performance and visual appeal.

Did you manage to get the parts details we discussed please ?

Cheers, Andy F

I have some info for you, and I'll e-mail you directly ( but I think you are still fairly unsure of exactly what you want, and these pics might not be helping :classic: ).

Cheers,

Alan T.

Thanks a lot for the photos of the event Alan. I must agree with everyone; there were a lot of G-nose cars there. I am not complaining. I really like the the Maroon ZG with the steel wheels and dust bin wheel covers. I thought it looked perfect. Was that car a genuine ZG? The 432-R that was there gets around. I think I have seen that Z in almost every event that you have taken pictures at. It is great that the owner drives it. It must be something out of this world to see a real PS30-SB. I really like the 14 by 5.5j Kobe Seiko's that the car has, but I have seen very few pictures of 432's with the optional 14 by 6j wheels. Anyways, enough of my googling and awwing. Thank you so much for the pictures.

Ben:)

Alan, must add my thanks too! absolutely brilliant pics. Have fuelled my desire for the bolt-on over fenders...

Also hadn't noticed your developments on the 432-R until now, must say it looks as though it is coming on a treat, I also love the colour, VERY good choice. Was the majority of the paint job done at fourways?

I must agree with everyone; there were a lot of G-nose cars there. I am not complaining.

Hi Ben,

You're not kidding. Take a look at the photo attached below....... it was hard to avoid them :cross-eye

I really like the the Maroon ZG with the steel wheels and dust bin wheel covers. I thought it looked perfect. Was that car a genuine ZG?

The one on its lonesome? Yes - that one was an original ( and looked FRESH ) on standard wheels and wheel trims. There was another GP Maroon car there on standard wheels and trims, but that was a lookalike.

The 432-R that was there gets around. I think I have seen that Z in almost every event that you have taken pictures at. It is great that the owner drives it.

Ben:)

That's Takeuchi san's car. You are right, he gets around; not only does he go to a lot of meets, he also gets into a lot of mags and videos. I agree - its good that the car is used and not mothballed. Somebody needs to invite him to one of the USA Convention meetings, don't you think?

Cheers,

Alan T.

post-2116-14150794508864_thumb.jpg

That's Takeuchi san's car. You are right, he gets around; not only does he go to a lot of meets, he also gets into a lot of mags and videos. I agree - its good that the car is used and not mothballed. Somebody needs to invite him to one of the USA Convention meetings, don't you think?

Cheers,

Alan T.

I strongly agree :)