IGNORED

OT-810 2 door on Ebay

sblake01

Yes, Silvia in other countries. I had a 77. Once you got past the looks it was a pretty good car. I had a built L20B in mine with SSS intake and twin SU's. It was pretty quick for a four cylinder. The interior is actually pretty comfortable. I wish the 240Z's had the steering wheel that was in those early 200SX's. Very nice to hang on to. This car started my love affair with the L series Nissan engines. Very reliable and make lots of power after some gentle massaging!!

FWIW,

Chris

Looks better than mine when I picked it up. It appears that the power antenna has been replaced. Virtually impossible to find. Had do open mine up and do some cleaning and soldering to get it to work. Yours doesn't have the optional passenger side electric mirror. Don't know how hard that would be to find (if you wanted it) but I do have a couple of extra switches for them. If you ever have any questions about parts check with me. I've done a lot of reaseach on these cars in the year and a half I've had mine.

Stephen,

The original radio is gone and a crappy tape player is in there that doesn't even work. The dash was trimmed slightly to fit this radio in there. The plan is maybe a decent radio with XM, but we'll see. The switch for the original power antenna is there, but is frozen too. :stupid:

We cleaned the engine bay the other night, it wasn't to bad but did clean up nice. I'll try and get Rob over and take some more pics before I leave for vacation tomorrow.

What manual do you suggest we purchase i.e. Nissan, Clymer, Haynes, Chilton? I would actually want something like a Nissan manual. . .

There's a 1979 Datsun FSM at http://www.books4cars.com/result2.asp?findyear=1979&submit=Go. It is, however, $41.95. I paid $15 for mine about a year and half ago. (eBay buy-it-now)

I was just looking through my many books on Datsuns last night and I found a real gem: The 1979 Datsun Book. This was a book used by the dealer to educate salesmen on what exterior colors, interior colors, and different trim options each model could be equipped with. In the back it also has little write-ups on each model for the various years they were offered.

In any case the 810 section was of particular interest and the picture of the 2 door hardtop shows the optional alloy wheels and the colors were equally interesting. Apparently Nissan referred to the one that Joe and I bought as a Royal Blue.

At some point I will try to scan some of the pages in.

That's one I don't have. I have a couple of magazine write-ups, one from the Jan 79 Road & Track and another from the Aug 78 Car & Driver on the Datsun 810 Coupe as well as a postcard showing the 79 coupe and wagon, a few assorted ads and a Datsun brochure that shows accessories for the 79 810. They referred to the color or mine as Mahogany Metallic (609).

• 2 weeks later...
That's one I don't have. I have a couple of magazine write-ups, one from the Jan 79 Road & Track and another from the Aug 78 Car & Driver on the Datsun 810 Coupe as well as a postcard showing the 79 coupe and wagon, a few assorted ads and a Datsun brochure that shows accessories for the 79 810. They referred to the color or mine as Mahogany Metallic (609).

Stephen,

I just got back from vacation. I talked to Rob and he said everything arrived, and that the shipping was very quick Thanks. I'm meeting with him today and he's going to pass along the parts list for now.

Now that I'm thinking more about it, you don't happen to have the wiring harness for the manual transmission? I wonder where that harness will tie into...

We were thinking of going with this under the hood, what do you think?

TD-06-pic7.JPG