IGNORED

Wheel Weights

texasz

No offense to zguitar, but there are definitely 4 boltheads in there, but you have to look close. Are the knockoffs functional?

thx

I'm sorry, but at this point my resistance to an urge is unsurpressible........Gee Walley, those wire wheels look like they have four bolts behind the spokes! Gausch Beave (TomoHawk), I thought everybody knew it takes four bolts to hold a wheel on!!? LOL

No offense to zguitar, but there are definitely 4 boltheads in there, but you have to look close. Are the knockoffs functional?

thx

I think what you are seeing are the LUGNUTS in Ricklandia's picture.

I have never seen a 240Z (except honest to god IMSA Race Cars) with real Knock-Off Hubs fitted.

thx

I am a little lost here. No offense to me why? Are you refering to the Volk Racing Wheels I posted previously that are available in the Z bolt pattern?

I think you must have me mistaken for another thread author. I have not commented on any of the other threads here. I just posted a web adress and a wheel brand.

Those wheels look so much like real knock-off wheels that you might not like hearing the suggestion that it is a bolt-on, either with the bolt-on adapter or just a plain bolt-on wheel with the faux knock-off. I have seen both kinds. American Racing has both for the Z.

Carl-

Right, chrome lugnuts, or whatever you want to call them. You have to look close, and at any speed over 0 MPH, you wouldn't be able to see them (which is good).

240ZX-

Obviously, your comment suggests you've never seen wheels with 5 or 6 or more lugnuts holding them on to suggest all wheels have 4 bolts. And SOME kinds of wheels have NO lugnuts!

Those wheels look so much like real knock-off wheels that you might not like hearing the suggestion that it is a bolt-on, either with the bolt-on adapter or just a plain bolt-on wheel with the faux knock-off. I have seen both kinds. American Racing has both for the Z.

Are you refering to me? I have not made any comments about knock-off wheels. If you are refering to me then you might want to go back and read my first two threads, the one about the Volk wheels and the one giving a web adress. Neither of them have anything to do with Knock-off wheels, and all my post after that are inquiring as to why you qouted me, as you can see I am still a little confused here, or is it you that is confused?

NO! I'm referring to the wheels Mr. Ricklandia had pictured. OK? I followed your link, and it has a lot of interesting data, thanks. How did you manage to get mixed up into this?

Also, does anybody know what the availability for the Appliance wire wheels will be like in about a year? I'll probably want to buy some about then. I'm using the 6-spoke ZX wheels now.

thx

...does anybody know what the availability for the Appliance wire wheels will be like in about a year? I'll probably want to buy some about then. I'm using the 6-spoke ZX wheels now.

thx

EBay? AFAIK, Appliance has been out of business for quite some time. Talk to me when you're ready, I "might" just be talked into swapping them for a nice set of Panasports or Konig/Watanabe's :classic:

Unknown manufacturer - turbine wheel, 14" x 7" - 17 lbs w/o tire

mperdue, can you tell if these have a name on them if you still have them?

I'll take a look at 'em next time I'm out there - maybe this weekend. Don't get home in time to enjoy the daylight on weekdays...

By the way Ken, now that I have your attention - your rolling rotisserie is now being used by a ZCOT member here in dallas. I loaned it out to him for as long as he needs it and he loves it. I thought I'd pass on his appreciation for your handiwork.

Well, Appliance Industries of Compton California has been gone for years. But here's a vintage 1979 ad for your enjoyment

Appliance Wheel Ad

Down in south L.A. the Automotive wheel manufacturing buisness is in full swing. On any given day, traveling up and down the 710 and 110 freeways, trucks bearing newly manufatured wheels, in route to platers or other metal finish services are a very common sight. Most are full of 5 spoke "Torque Thrust" style wheels. American eagle, Centerline and American Racing are at least still making wheels that fit our Z's. Wire wheels are too passe for any of these guys to bother with.

• 2 weeks later...