IGNORED

choke handle for 72!

e_racer1999

it's the actual plastic handle inside the car (the black part with the white writing). i'm basically hoping that someone has a spare one that i can buy. sorry my post was so vague! anyway, it broke about 1/2" from the bottom, a few mm above the screw...

Jason, I tried getting one from the dealer there in San Diego a while back. They told me I would have to buy the cables as well since it was part of the assembly.

Try "All Z Auto Wrecking" they specialize in Z's; 793 B&C Energy Way Chula Vista, CA 91911 (619) 421-5881 / 421-0711.

Additionally, I would think that if you broke yours something is wrong. Lube your cables and make sure the links on the carbs are moving freely.

One thing to note, for when you get your replacement, and for the rest of us who will go check their levers out momentarily.

Make sure the lever handle is inserted onto the lever SNUGLY, but NOT TIGHT. Additionally, make sure that you tighten down the screw that holds it onto the lever properly, being careful not to strip the lever. Failure to tighten the screw down MAY allow the handle to shift very slightly as it pivots on the screw, causing a lever / fulcrum effect on the handle plastic. It doesn't take much leverage to exert more force than necessary to break the plastic.

By keeping the plastic piece on there snug, you will greatly reduce the possibility of breaking that handle.

Enrique