IGNORED

27th z!!!

zhead240

I'll go for $5,000 just because of the sheer rarity of something like that on ebay. And I understand the speculators are in there when it comes to the really low vin number 69 cars.

I think it is almost expected that the early cars have to be restored to original, especially if they are to command big price tags, and therin lies the problem. Some of the parts unique to the 69 cars are so rare so as to be totally unobtainable, and unless the car still has virtually all the bits needed it will be a huge job to source/remake anything that is missing.

A statistic that Carl Beck quoted a short while back was that out of the 120 or so 69 cars left, ( I'm quoting from memory here so I apologize if I am significantly out) only about 40 were roadworthy, the rest were in need of total restoration. I wonder how many of the 80 projects will ever be completed, as you can still say 'I own vin number 27' whether it is a runner or just a chassis plate on the wall of your garage.

I hope vin 27 gets bought and restored.

Just my opinion :)

Andrew

I'll go for $5,000 just because of the sheer rarity of something like that on ebay. And I understand the speculators are in there when it comes to the really low vin number 69 cars.

...as you can still say 'I own vin number 27' whether it is a runner or just a chassis plate on the wall of your garage.

Now that's some expensive bragging rights....

Wayne

Well, it's already at $2000 with 5 bids.

You must be looking at a different auction. Only $500 and 1 bid as of 4:45PM today (Sunday)

Would scare me away:

1. No view of driverside (what is he hiding, worse swiss cheese than he's showing us)

2. Inspection doors gone (allow rain right onto battery area)

3. Huge rust stains above battery area (probably the tip of the iceberg)

4. Somethig funky going on at rear bottom of pssenger side fender

5. "the engine is seized but not the result of engine failure" (who cares what reason it's seized? 20 years of rust still ruins the engine internals. I guess he's bragging that there isn't a HOLE in the block. LOL)

6. "the cylinders were oiled to reduce further damage". (WHEN in 2001? after they rusted for 18years? :stupid:

Strip it and bury/cremate the remains. It's dead. :dead: :dead:

You must be looking at a different auction. Only $500 and 1 bid as of 4:45PM today (Sunday)

Carl- It was up to $2k, the eBuyer withdrew his bid(s)

Bid retraction and cancellation history

Date of Bid and Retraction Action / Explanation User ID

Bid: Jul-25-04 11:35:59 PDT

Retraction: Jul-25-04 15:30:50 PDT Retraction:

Explanation: Seller changed the description of the item luismiguel35( 63)

Wayne

Chris

perfect donor car for you if its not saveable. I hope sitting for 20 years has not damaged the interior too much.

My guess of $5,000 was based on the current(at the the time) now retracted bid of $2,000. If we are viewing the car as a donor then I expect it will get a lot less, maybe $1,500.

For that the owner gets a shell that might go to the crusher, hopefully a stock of super rare 69 parts or a bonanza selling them on, and can still say 'I own number vin 27' :classic: