IGNORED

Time for a new meaningless poll...

Zvoiture

How many wall outlets in your garage? Do not count door opener outlets!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How many wall outlets in your garage? Do not count door opener outlets!

• I don't have a garage
    • More than 10

Originally posted by Zvoiture

Do not count garage door opener outlets on the ceiling!!! I don't care how much crap you have plugged into them!

If I ever build my own house, there will be one every foot.....

steve

In the last garage that I owned, I installed a double outlet box every 3 feet along the side walls and I installed two double outlet boxes in the ceiling near the front of the garage, one in the center of the garage (used for the door opener), and two near the rear of the garage. Total individual recepticles (excluding the one for the door opener) was 24, on 3 circuits.

This was adequate for my usage, but more would have been better. Now days, I'd settle for a garage with any number of recepticles (greater than zero).

Do I get 50 points for having service that will let me hook up 220 even though I don't need it?LOL

Geez, I've got 6 doubles in the ceiling... and no door opener either.

I can move my flourescent lights just about anywhere I need them with all the outlets, in fact, only I only put in 5 outlets in the walls.:ermm:

Just moved into my new home 4 weeks ago. I wired it with the help of my electrician brother.

One double socket on each wall, separate work bench area has 2 doubles and of course the door opener has a single in the roof. The good thing is that I put in plenty of slack when I wired it and took digital photos of each bare wall before the plaster board went up. So if I need more points in later then I'll have no problems.

Have 4 double flouros in there that give ample light. Garage is 6.5m x 6.5m. Not huge but enough for now.

I had one duplex on the far wall. I replaced one overhead door opener (single) with a duplex (don't lecture me about violating code) and put up a retractable 30' extension cord with a T end (3 outlets).

This lets me access just about anywhere with tools and lights.