IGNORED

Replacement Rear Covers for Headlamps?

TomoHawk

Well, to confuse things even more, I went to the junkyard and this is what I found:

Four 280s-11/76, 1/77, 8/77 and 11/77 all had the ones mdbrandy pictured. One 260-5/74 had the same ones as mine which is 5/78. They were all coupes no 2+2s.

Originally posted by sblake01

Well, to confuse things even more, I went to the junkyard and this is what I found:

Four 280s-11/76, 1/77, 8/77 and 11/77 all had the ones mdbrandy pictured. One 260-5/74 had the same ones as mine which is 5/78. They were all coupes no 2+2s.

How bizarre. Who knows. Without fiche assistance, it's hard to tell. Looks to me like the most likely thing is that the ones I showed probably came maybe from 77-78, and the earlier from 74-77, but they were made to be interchangable, and since they are easily-broken plastic, a lot of mixing went on. That would be my best guess, but without much supporting evidence.

BTW, I am VERY jealous that you can just go out to a junkyard and look at first gen Z's. I go to any junkyards around here, and they look at me like I'm crazy. "Z what? ":disappoin

In OHIO, you're more likely to find a 350Z in the JY, or a 300ZX. Otherwise, if you call around, they'll tell you "We ain't got no OLD cars- you gotta go to Arizona for them." Not popular enough to keep around. That or there's just a pile of RUST where the car used to be :cry:

But I'll bet you the rubber stuff isn't too bad. I should call around to see what is out there locally. Maybe I can get some decent wiring off of one.