IGNORED

April Fool?

HS30-H

Hi all,

I you look at the last section of the story, you will find the name Paul Crossen. Even that name is wrong spelled, it had to be Cnossen! If you make that many mistakes as Alan predicted already, you are a cheap B type magazine. I’ve no other words for that.

Paul is a Dutchman and I phoned him up this morning. I knew Paul because he made the story of my car. He knew Ed was making a story about the Italian car. And Paul ‘warned’ Ed that it looked to him, as the Italian car was not real works car!!!!!! So Ed had pre information from a college. This stinks!!!!

Originally posted by 26th-Z

EDIT: It isn't working for some reason I can't explain. Sorry

Internet explorer doesn't like something about the jpeg. I saved it to disk, loaded it in MS picture editor, exported it to PNG, and then exported that back to jpeg. The file size is a lot smaller but it still looks as good as your original. Here it is (with a different name):

post-3294-14150793680825_thumb.jpg

Gentlemen,

A response was recieved from my post.

Dear Mike:

Thanks very much for your detailed email.

Yes, I am afraid you were right. However, as the President of Nissan Italia presented us with the opportunity in Sicily, we took it. I did take advice on the history, wrongly as it turns out. The article had gone to press by the time we saw what had happened, though as late as last week the Nissan Italia rep is still argueing the case!

I recently covered the Monte Carlo Historic Rally where several 240Zs were competing and very few people could tell the difference between the one original and the several exact spec copies which were present, and this is amongst the teams! However, it was a great car to drive, and the history is very important in rallying and I hope we get an opportunity before long to do justice to the whole story.

We are indebted to people like yourself for keeping us on our toes. Wish I had known about the 'right' expertise beforehand.

Best wishes

Ed McDonough

:

Will a retraction be published, who knows?

MOM

I know the Classic Cars magazine article that you are referring to, and the writer got a rocket about it from a few people. The cover photo was a bit of a scandal in itself; the car that they tested was actually yellow ( it belongs to Nissan UK ) but they did not want to put a yellow car on the cover as the previous month's issue had a yellow car on the front. That's the way that magazines have to think these days........ Anyway, they photoshopped it into a red one, but decided to change the registration number ( couldn't have a red car on the cover, and a yellow car inside, both with the same registration number, could they? ).

Alan,

Are you sure about this? I was fooled by the mag layout too.. red car on front, yellow one inside. When I look closeley however I see that there is one article on the yellow car (the badge snobbery article) and another under the topic of "treat yourself" (things you can get/do with 5000 pounds). In the second one they use the orange car depicted on the front cover...I don't think they've photoshopped it!

Hayden.

Originally posted by halz

Are you sure about this? I was fooled by the mag layout too.. red car on front, yellow one inside. When I look closeley however I see that there is one article on the yellow car (the badge snobbery article) and another under the topic of "treat yourself" (things you can get/do with 5000 pounds). In the second one they use the orange car depicted on the front cover...I don't think they've photoshopped it!

It looks like the same car to me. The £5000 car on page 51 is exactly the same as the cover shot but with the background edited out. The red car does not appear to have the rear spoiler of the yellow car but that may have been edited out as well. The front spoiler, side mirror, and wheels look the same. There's even a smudge on the front bumper right above the left turn signal that appears on both cars. The driver side mirror appears to be missing from the red car. It would be silly to have a passenger side mirror but not a driver side mirror. That leads me to believe that the entire background on the red cover car is fake.

Originally posted by halz

Alan,

Hayden.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12043&perpage=15&pagenumber=3 read my response on page 3 Halz.:cheeky: