IGNORED

Rally Clock for sale on Ebay

Go240Zags

Hi

I already contact the seller and ask him to do a simple battery test and the answer was i had no time to do it and it will be sold as is....

Is this economical crisis there are always people with too much money to spend on nothing!!!

Some months ago was sold a complete set (all gaugues, including rally clock and oscilator) for 200 USD and it was not working... this can be another one... hope not

Filipe

Personally i wouldn't make a bid without knowing if it is tested and found okay,it is not serious to answer like that, it takes like 10 minutes to find out, if he have the harness that connect the two parts, if not the buyer have to start looking after one and how hard can that be ?

Chris

I would steer clear of this one. I agree, it would only take a few minutes for the seller to test it and I can't believe he wouldn't have done so. The price is right out of the ball park now for what should be considered a non-working rally clock. I don't think they are as rare as some sellers would have you think either. Keep your ear to the ground and sooner or later one will come along that the seller will stand behind as working. The oscillator for this one looks like it is rusted quite a bit. Not a good sign either.

Yeahr and the funny thing is that things often comes while you least expect it, that is what happened to me, i was out looking after a KM/H speedometer the seller had a rally clock and before i knew off it, it was mine, i found out what it was after i bourght it.

Chris

I was more interested in seller's comment that the clock came from a Z432 that he used to own here in the US (sold it in 1996 to Germany?). He says it was #31 and it was a 10/69 production car, so that would be PS30-00031? I didn't think they made 31 Z432s that early. Maybe Kats can comment on that. I'll have to check his old thread about the production dates and volumes for 1969.

-Mike

I was more interested in seller's comment that the clock came from a Z432 that he used to own here in the US (sold it in 1996 to Germany?). He says it was #31 and it was a 10/69 production car, so that would be PS30-00031? I didn't think they made 31 Z432s that early.

I'm getting very strong feelings of deja vu here. I think I've heard this sales pitch story before......

It is certainly possible that PS30-00031 could have been made by 10/69, as Nissan made 72 PS30-prefixed cars before the end of 1969. However, I don't think this seller owned a Fairlady Z432 and I don't think that there is one in Germany now either....... ;)

If the car that he took the clock from still exists, then why did he take the clock out, and what went into the hole that it left?

Maybe a :bunny:

I'm getting very strong feelings of deja vu here. I think I've heard this sales pitch story before......

It is certainly possible that PS30-00031 could have been made by 10/69, as Nissan made 72 PS30-prefixed cars before the end of 1969. However, I don't think this seller owned a Fairlady Z432 and I don't think that there is one in Germany now either....... ;)

If the car that he took the clock from still exists, then why did he take the clock out, and what went into the hole that it left?

Sounds like you know of this seller or this car then? I also wondered why he would have removed it when he sold the car, if it still works. Maybe I'll email the seller and ask him.

-Mike

The seller said he swapped it out with a standard clock when the Z432 was sold, then put it in a 240z briefly. Later he swapped out again and kept it.

-Mike

Thank you Mike,but the seller's comment is not clear for me.It is very confused. I do not get it at all. Even he mentioned "HS30" ...

Thank you Alan you are right, in Japan we know the 72 Z432s were produced in 1969.

The clock does not look good condition, the mounting bracket is bent? But maybe restore able.Oscillator lost a small piece of metal for covering a connector.If this over $400,I would be going to think about selling my spare NOS rally clock and oscillator:ermm:

Once I asked to trade my clock with an original Bridgestone superspeed radial-20/ 175 SR 14 here, nobody offered:sleep: I am still looking for an original good tire, but not going to trade with a clock forever.

If the car is HLS30-00031 or PS30-00031 or HS30-00031 or S30-00031, either way that will be so wonderful anyway!!

kats

post-3193-14150805288616_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150805289143_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150805289721_thumb.jpg