IGNORED

Rear Axle Parts

ensys

A little backstory…

I’m servicing the R-200 rear axles on my ’77 280Z that I installed in the late ‘80s when the orig. pair started to seem a bit dodgey. I don’t remember where I got them, but they don’t match exactly in casting/markings and hardware. However, they both are for the same application, with the same press-in U-joints, and have worked well since the original install.

Same internal details in every way save one: the Factory-looking one had the requisite 12 nylon ball spacers, while the different-looking one had but 8.     Su-prise, su-prise.

So, here I am, hoping that someone out there just might have 4 of the spacers that they could let go of.

Oh yeah; if I saved the old axles, they are hiding exceptionally well.

Thanks

Hey, I replied to your zcar.com thread too. (You really shouldn't post on two threads at the same time.  Give one a chance...)

Compare the 1976 illustration with 1977 and you'll see that what I described there actually is right.  Nissan removed a spacer per groove in 1977.