IGNORED

Overwhelming popups

Zed Head

Seems to be a new kind of pop-up, it's on many web sites.  I think it's a "mouse-over" thing, like the annoying ads in the middle of text that play sound if you mouse-over them.  They always find new ways to break through.  If there's one thing on the internet that needs a "dislike" or "hate" button it's these kinds of ads.

There must be a whole bunch of gullible management types that are being convinced that these ads actually help sales.  Somebody is getting conned.

Just now, sweatybetty said:

it wont be long........."for only $25 a month, we will give you "ad-free" internet access"

Yeah sure. I remember when they introduced the idea of paying for TV channels. They said no commercials back then too.

2 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Yeah sure. I remember when they introduced the idea of paying for TV channels. They said no commercials back then too.

That same thought popped in to my mind.  It's like a constant battle.  I have friends who say that politicians always lie, but I think that the media executives are worse.  Some of my favorites are companies like Oregon Public Broadcasting that create premium channels for the cable companies to sell, but still have their fund raisers where they try to get people to "donate" to support the programming for the leftover channel.  They've gone free-market on one hand, and stayed non-profit on the other.  Something doesn't fit.  Future scandal.  

Edit - to be clear...it's not a CZCC problem, it's just the internet and other media, in general.  

Edited by Zed Head