IGNORED

Unicorn Alert: 240Z Fan Shroud

jfa.series1

Unicorn: a mythical animal typically represented as a horse with a single straight horn projecting from its forehead.  Alt.: a rare Datsun part, usually made of unobtanium.

For Sale: Rare Nissan Fan Shroud for 240Z. This is P/N 21475-E4102, a fully reconditioned metal fan shroud to fit the OE radiator frame of a 240Z. This one was stripped to bare metal, acid washed to provide a protective layer of zinc phosphate, two coats of self-etching primer - wet sanded to remove dust, ...etc., two coats of gloss black enamel, wet sanded and buffed. A set of new bolts and washers, newly plated, is included (not JIS).  Why all the prep detail?  I was planning to install this on my car but determined it was handling the Texas heat just fine with the 3-row radiator core.

The last one to sell on JDMCarParts.com went for $500. https://jdm-car-parts.com/…/metal-fan-shroud-for-240z-genui…

This one is priced at $400, shipping extra at actual cost.

Shroud01.jpg

Shroud02.jpg

Shroud03.jpg

Shroud04.jpg

Shroud05.jpg

Shroud06.jpg

Shroud07.jpg

Shroud08.jpg

Shroud09.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
2 hours ago, EuroDat said:

Steve, All the L26 and L28's had two piece plastic shrouds

I'm not sure if the later 73 L24's had a plastic version. They could have. The part number changed about mid 73.

Thank you for clarifying things for me, Chas.  There's a 2-piece plastic shroud on eBay right now, the listing states that it will fit '70 thru 8-74 240Zs and 260Zs and the seller is asking $300.00 for it - seems very high to me for a plastic shroud. I remember seeing metal shrouds going for that kind of money on eBay a few years ago.   

Chas, I'm the original owner of 11/75 made 1976 280z and mine did not have a fan shroud, I did  not get the AC.  So I think the shroud came with the AC package.

• Like 1

@jfa.series1

Hi Jim. You quote a nissan part number for the metal shroud. I'm just curious because nissan quotes two part numbers for the 240Z. E4100 and later E4102. Could the E4100 be the metal and E4102 the more common plastic version.

"Rare Nissan Fan Shroud for 240Z. This is P/N 21475-E4102, a fully reconditioned metal fan shroud to fit the OE radiator frame of a 240Z"

Screenshot_20200524-103056.jpg

4 hours ago, EuroDat said:

@jfa.series1

Hi Jim. You quote a nissan part number for the metal shroud. I'm just curious because nissan quotes two part numbers for the 240Z. E4100 and later E4102. Could the E4100 be the metal and E4102 the more common plastic version.

"Rare Nissan Fan Shroud for 240Z. This is P/N 21475-E4102, a fully reconditioned metal fan shroud to fit the OE radiator frame of a 240Z"

Screenshot_20200524-103056.jpg

Hey Chas - seriously? You expect me to remember details from a semi-zombie thread after three years of drinking and sleeping??? ?

It might well be that E4100 is the P/N for the metal shroud as you suggest, I truly can't recall how it came to be that I located the # I used in the original post.

Jim