IGNORED

First Start After Gas Tank Refresh.

sdyck

So the my fuel tank is in and the new fuel and vent lines under the car are done ; yayyy!,

I expect the vent lines to the vent tank should be a snap in comparison.

Do I need to loosen a line near the carbs and let the fuel pump push out any air before I try and start it. I expect there is probably a lot of air in the fuel

Thanks

Steve

Thanks for the response Blue, but I'm note sure I follow your instructions.

I understand pilling the plugs. How exactly do I prime the pump? IF Iinch the hose to the pump the pump won't draw. Also how will I know if the fuel is reaching the motor, that's why I was thinking of pulling a line by the carb. This is my first mechanical fuel pump not sure if I need to do anything in particular.

Thanks for the help.

Steve

What I did when starting with "empty" fuel system was to prime the carbs with fuel several times.   The engine will run for short spurts, but will quickly pull fuel to the carbs.   Much better than using the starter.

• Like 1