IGNORED

Selling my Z

StinkyCheese

I decided to get rid of my Z. My son is graduating school, going to give him my old Buick and get something else myself.

I'm interested in everyone's opinion on the price. When I say "significant rust", I mean there are holes in the passenger floor that I can see the road through...

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid=443&tab=list%2Fview&ad=7312770

Seems high to me, but I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to buying cars. I would think the significant rust thing makes it a non starter at that price, but you can always come down. The thing about cars like this is the excitement buyers get when they are standing in front of it, the money burns a hole in their pocket. The trick is to get them to the car.

$6000 and "significant rust" and the lack of pictures of said rust is a bad combo, people won't come to see it. Also, get rid of the 200, 300K + mile line, that will scare off most folks, save that for the face to face conversation.

Seems high to me, but I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to buying cars. I would think the significant rust thing makes it a non starter at that price, but you can always come down. The thing about cars like this is the excitement buyers get when they are standing in front of it, the money burns a hole in their pocket. The trick is to get them to the car.

$6000 and "significant rust" and the lack of pictures of said rust is a bad combo, people won't come to see it. Also, get rid of the 200, 300K + mile line, that will scare off most folks, save that for the face to face conversation.

Thanks, good advice. I didn't include pictures of the rust for the same reason the PO didn't include them when he sold it to me - get them to sit in it and drive it and they'll be hooked. Honestly, I don't think I'll get $5900 for it, but I thought I'd take a stab at it and let them work me down.

Any idea how much it would cost to have a shop cut out my passenger side floor hardware and install new ones? I'd like to know a ballpark figure to tell potential buyers..

Any idea how much it would cost to have a shop cut out my passenger side floor hardware and install new ones? I'd like to know a ballpark figure to tell potential buyers..

Ya know, thats a loaded question, body shops on the east coast are dying for work rite now, what with the economy in the tank and the mild winter. So you could get it done for a great price as the owners are trying to get any job in the shop just to pay the bills. I couldn't even ball park it without seeing the extent of the damage