IGNORED

Mpg....

Yeah, I had a place that sold "real gas" until last fall, but they switched to gasohol this winter. I just filled up at another place that at least doesn't have the "10 percent Ethanol added" sticker on the pumps (which I at least "think" is required if it's gasohol), so I may have found another source for my "drug of choice". We'll see what the mileage on this tank is :). There's supposed to be an Ethanol plant going in within about 20 miles of Champaign, and if it does, I'm sure I'll be out of luck sooner than later. And from what I understand, our groundwater aquifer will be depleted at an alarming rate too...

Oh well.

my 78 is getting about 22 mpg driving back and forth to work, 3.58 a gal u.s for the cheap stuff but luckey i work at a motorcycle shop so i get free octain booster

I range anywhere between 18-23mpg in my 77 running 91. I think when I changed my head gasket, it raised the compression because I can't run 87 without it pinging anymore. I figure if I drove it a little nicer I could do better, but this car isn't meant to be driven nice ;-). I am kinda dissapointed that such a small I6 motor can't do much better than 23mpg. That kinda sucks.

I am kinda dissapointed that such a small I6 motor can't do much better than 23mpg. That kinda sucks.

Like I said before. L24 with Triple 40DCOE Webers, Mallory unilite, MSD 6A and stage 2 cam with headers gets 26 MPG freeway. Also has a 79' 5-speed and 3:90 diff

2 years ago, when I had my Stock S.U.'s on, 280ZX dizzy, and same cam and header, I got 27.5 MPG freeway (to MSA 06')

Most of you guys can thank you local emmisions laws for crappy milage as well.

Dave.

somewhere in this thread, I think I was asked what the carb set up was on my Webers.

Weber 40DCOE 151's

Aux. Venturi's are......... 45

Chokes are...................28

idle jets are...................45 (F4)

Main jets are................120? F9

Air correction jets are ...170

Here ya go,

Dave.

From the last time I put gas in it, I decided I was going to see what I could get out of it by not accelerating as hard and using a higher gear when possible. Managed 20mpg in all the stop and go traffic I drive in! Definitely not as fun when driving like that and it was definitely hard not to get into it at certain times, but I wanted to see the best that I could get out of it in stop and go traffic.

So were you to be burning real gas, that could easily be 24ish mpg..... LOL

Dunno where you are, but oxygenated gas is only mandated by the Fed between the first day of November and the last day of February. It used to be MTBE, but recently it's all been ethanol.

According to my careful prosthesis (I track my fuel stops in an excel book), my mileage was affected a lot more by the weight of my foot than the kind of fuel I was using. The standard deviation was a *lot* bigger than the difference between means for each period. My standard deviation was 2.37, while the difference in means for "good gas" period and "bad gas" period was 1.95.

As a sidenote, I had quite a time tuning the SUs for the oxygenated fuel (it was damned near full rich adjusted). Since the switch back, I've been able to back the mixture down to the recommended spec in the FSM.