IGNORED

Early '72 wheel cylinder problem

siteunseen

I've bought 2 new ones from rockauto.com but the hardline position is off from the OE ones. I'm going to try and figure a way of making mine screw in by bending the ends that go in the wheel cylinders. If someone had a picture of the routing they used I would appreciate being able to see how it's best done. Hopefully it's an easy job but I've never bent a brake line on purpose so I need help on this.

Thanks,

Cliff

Kinda hits on my problem and maybe offers an idea. Maybe I could combine the new cylinders with the older housing and not have to bend my lines????

I originally was wondering if I do bend them, should I go behind the strut towards the rear of the car or bend them around towards the front? I really don't like the idea of going anywhere around the square 4 bolt hub? which would happen if I went towards the front of the car. Also there'd be a sharp bend at the housing where the line screws in if I went forward.

I could shape a piece of clothes hanger and have 2 made I guess. Decisions, decisions, but these are MY lifes worst at the moment. :beer:

Thank you zKars & Blue, that's my back up plan.

After a few beers and a better attitude I went back and swapped the driver's side to the passenger's side brake lines. I only have to straighten out a "c" bend to an "r" and it'll run behind the strut. Lucky idea but too many beers to fool with it tonight. I'll put up some pictures tomorrow.

Thanks Guys!

I googled Happy Lemon. They have a "Lemon Honey with Jelly Balls", my bulldog's name is Jelly. :)

Edited by siteunseen

• 1 year later...
56 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Without looking at them I'm gonna say the bleeder will be on the top of the "right" cylinder and the bottom of the wrong one.  That's just a guess until the morning when I have my laptop to look and see. I'm using my phone now, sorry.

it looks like the adjuster and parking brake hardware, not the bleeder

brake.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

Without looking at them I'm gonna say the bleeder will be on the top of the "right" cylinder and the bottom of the wrong one.  That's just a guess until the morning when I have my laptop to look and see. I'm using my phone now, sorry.

No problem. 

24 minutes ago, sweatybetty said:

it looks like the adjuster and parking brake hardware, not the bleeder

brake.jpg

Great photo! Ok so no way I can use the right cyl for the left wheel? Looks like Wagner doesn't have the left anymore for 6/72 Z's. Might have to buy a rebuild kit then.