guy_geo's Content - Page 14 - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

guy_geo

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by guy_geo

  1. Ok, the car mechanics who did the inspection on my Z worked a lot on old Datsun (he owned a 510 and a 260Z). Remember, I asked you advice on the blue puff of oil that was coming out of the car... I saw it today (so did the mechanic) and the diagnosis, was worn oil ring piston...The bill might be heavy (around 1500$US he told me.. (I'm skeptical) and Datsun garage don't show at every corner in Montreal... His recommendation was to try an oil treatment for the segments, and to run my car with 20W50 (I did use that on my GTI16V 1990) to cure athe same kind of problem, and it was working well. Any recommendations, denying, or should I follw his recommendation?
  2. Merci, Gracias. I jus came back from our Thursday car meet in Montreal (Street car and antics) and I did received a lot of praise for the beauty of the car. I'm happy, and today was stressful to the max (buying, immatriculation, transfer, inspection). But It was a fun day in the end. God, I like to drive this car!
  3. I FINALLY GOR MY z AND HAD MY FIRST RIDES!!! CAR IS FLAWLESS, i LOVE IT!!! MECHANIC WHO MADE THE INSPECTION WAS AMAZED AT THE CAR CONDITION!!! jUST A MINOR BUG, ON MY WAY TO PUT SOME GAS AT THE STATION, the car refused to start, dead battery, niet, finish kaput.. It was checked 30 minutes before.... But I hope the car will be ok, the weather looks beautiful for the week-end here in Montreal!!! :D
  4. Ok, is it difficult to install??? What about special fittings? My car does not have the smog pump (air pump), so can I do it also???
  5. Sorry, can't help you right now, my car is still in storage, the trabsaction for buying it is not completed again also... But I will do it as soon as I got it!! I'll keep you update for sure.
  6. OK, any problems because of the little (embonpoint) oversize like dust, sand getting inside the air filter box because of that?or ??? thanks:eek:
  7. Merci, No hurries. The car is still in storage BTW.. will be out next friday if everything works well!!! Cold weather is killing me....:sick:
  8. Yep Daniel , I spend my whole lunch time finding the correct answer, so do I deserve an A+?????
  9. Or htis: Vapor lock occurs when the vapor pressure of the fuel is higher than the surrounding environment. In older engines with "sucking" fuel pumps at the engine the pressure in the fuel line to the tank was reduced by the sucking action of the fuel pump drawing fuel form a fuel tank nearly twenty feet away, and when heated, the gasoline actually boiled creating a vapor of gasoline which the fuel pump could not handle, thus the name "vapor lock". Today's fuel pumps are in the fuel tank where they push the fuel under pressure to the engine systems. Excessive fuel which is not used is sent back to the fuel tank. This causes a constant flow of pressurized, cool fuel in the lines to the engine system, be it fuel injection or carburetor. As a result you would have to heat the fuel line with a propane torch to get the fuel to boil and even then it would be cooled by the flowing fuel circulating from the tank to the engine and back again to the tank. Vapor lock as we once knew it is a thing of the past. When gasoline overheats and boils inside the carburetor bowl or fuel pump of a hot engine, it ceases to flow. This can cause stalling or hard starting. This is called vapor lock, and it usually happens during hot weather. If a hot engine won't start, all you can do is let it sit and cool off. You should check the cooling system to see if anything is causing the engine to run unusually hot (a bad thermostat or cooling fan, for example). Switching brands of gasoline may also help. :eek:
  10. I'll give it a try... If the gasoline was all made up of high volatility compounds, then the gasoline would evaporate too easily during hot weather and vapour lock could occur. Vapour lock refers to the situation when the fuel boils in the fuel lines so it cannot be delivered correctly to the engine. When vapour lock occurs, the engine operates as if it was running out of fuel. The gasoline we buy at the pumps is not the same year around. During the summer, the refiners supply gasoline with a lower volatility to reduce vapour lock problems on our vehicles. This low volatility gasoline also helps protect our environment by reducing hydrocarbon emissions caused by gasoline evaporating. During the winter months, high volatility gasoline is produced to help our cars start better during cold weather. If we try to use gasoline made for warm weather use during a winter cold snap, then the engine may not start! During fall and spring, the gasoline is blended to an intermediate volatility to enhance vehicle driveability during those climatic conditions. Am I correct?
  11. Did someone put a K'N drop in air filter instead of the OEM air filter in the box? Any clue guys?
  12. guy_geo commented on Si|v3r72's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  13. guy_geo commented on SoCalZ's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  14. guy_geo commented on Si|v3r72's gallery image in Big Z Photo Collection
  15. I'm looking at the parts on K'N air filter. I found the part # 56-1410 for Sus. Is it 2 parts, one for each carb, or is an oval shape like the OEM box? Or does someone knows the # for the drop-in K'N??? Any other brand of filter to suggest?
  16. OK, Daniel, I got the point, I'll have it fixed instead,!!!:tapemouth
  17. Can somebody light my bulb??? Where are the exact pick-up points to jack a 240z?? I'm scare to break or flex the chassis if I do it wrong.. Am I scared for nothing? Anybody has pics to post? :sleep:
  18. Yep, the fan shroud is still there!
  19. There is one for sale. Check this out! http://www.ee.pdx.edu/~wittiner/forsale2.html;)
  20. Good advice. God, I love this board. :tapemouth

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.