Everything posted by threefittyzee
-
Zs in video games
Of course...this one is pretty good too.... (my blue Z passing that grocery-getter Evo)
-
Zs in video games
Here's another screenshot fom GT4 coming out in fall.... one more...
-
Maybe a dumb question, but...
Thanks, you guys. (I just bought a replacement tail light off ebay from a '71 240, and wasn't sure if it would fit.)
-
Maybe a dumb question, but...
anyone???
-
How much did you pay for your Z?
I paid $3200 two months ago for my '72 240Z in great shape. 95,000 miles, and runs great. One owner.
-
Maybe a dumb question, but...
Will a taillight from a '71 240Z fit on a '72 240Z? Is there any difference in the bolt/screw arrangement or fit between the 1971 and 1972 models taillights? Thanks in advance for help.
-
GRM 240Z vs 350Z comparo
Not stupid. I agree 100%. I joke with people all the time, and refer to my 240Z as my 350Z's great-grandmother.
-
Holy crap!!!
Why exactly wouldn't you recommend the Webers? I need to know this, please. Thanks.
-
Holy crap!!!
Hey folks. I am a fairly new 240Z owner, and I had made a few calls to local shops in town about the price of a new carb... and DAMN. I had no idea these things were so expensive! I was quoted $500-600 for the su carbs...and $1200 for the Weber carbs! Is this accurate? Or are they just jerking my chain? If it is correct...do any of you know how I can get a used or reconditioned carb for less than that? HEEEELP!!!
-
I am so pissed off....
Thanks for all the advice fellas. I'm gonna go ahead and bite the bullet and let them fix her up the way they were gonna do it originally, and get my car back in a week or so! I can't be without it much longer...I'm goin NUTS without her! ...and my 350Z needs a nice long rest in the garage!
-
lots a parts clean out! includes complete 240z
Are you parting the 240 out? Or selling it as a whole?
-
I am so pissed off....
Well, even if the paint is computer-matched to the rest of the car, the clearcoat will make it look drastically different than the rest of the car. I think that's what he meant when he said it wouldn't match.
-
I am so pissed off....
Well, to anyone who still cares about my little struggle with the insurance company.... Here's the latest chapter: Today, they came through with a check! $2500. My estimate at the body shop came up with that amount originally to repair the damages. $1300 for parts. $1200 for everything else (labor/paint) Here's their price list they gave me: Bumper (New) $330.93 Front Valance (refurb) $130.00 Right Fender Panel (New) $234.95 Right Fender Extension (refurb) $123.70 Right headlight case (New) $196.87 Signal Lamp (recycled) $150.00 bumper brace (recycled) $25.00 The body shop manager, upon asking if my paint was going to match afterwards says, "No" Great. I'm gonna have a multi-colored Z. Does anyone think these prices are too high? Would anyone suggest I find parts somewhere else (on my own)?? Or should I just swallow my pride and let them fix it and pay $2200 out of pocket afterwards to paint the WHOLE car the same color.???
-
lots a parts clean out! includes complete 240z
AAArrrggghh! Why can't you be in the U.S.??? I need your 240!!!:tapemouth
-
Owning a Z makes me...
Late. I try to get right to work on time, but... ...it's just too much fun to go around the block a few more times, cuz I think I could have done that corner better! (350Z) I try to get home after work on time, but... ...it's just too much fun to drive the strip one more...okay..TWO more times before I put it in the garage. (240Z)
-
Just curious
Do any of y'all ever use the chatroom on this forum? Just wonderin' Later.
-
Car Is Finally Painted!!
Damn nice. I am a big fan of the blue.
-
Is it possible to 'break even' on a Z...
Oh. No, thanks. Valium gives me a headache, guy. Yeah, I probably got a little smoke up there, but I figured since the guy that sold it to me worked on Datsuns for a long time, and told me about the blue book value...I probably just jumped to the conclusion it was a Kelley, and not a NADA. In either case, who cares? Kelley...NADA....no big deal. Let it go.
-
I am so pissed off....
Thanks again, E. I'll have to wait until Monday to do anything, but I'll keep ya posted. I think I need someone like you around for my custody hearing next month!
-
Read
Dammit. Kinda hurts to see that again. What a surreal day.
-
Is it possible to 'break even' on a Z...
Here, check this out, big boy: http://www.nadaguides.com/Values/ValueCategoryReport.asp?UserID=55081A07875A1&DID=38093&wSec=2&wPg=1207&CategoryId=7&MakeId=1254&VehicleId=24925&Year=1972&ColorId= I know it's not KBB, it's NADA. Okay, so I was a little confused.
-
Is it possible to 'break even' on a Z...
Not that I would ever consider selling it, but the 240Z I bought for $3200 supposedly has a KBB value of $6500-7000. Again, I don't think I would sell it anyway.
-
What model Z do or did you own?
2003 Daytona Blue 350Z Touring 1972 Orange 240Z 5-speed
-
I am so pissed off....
Listen...here's the deal. Her insurance company is actually being fairly cooperative now, believe it or not, and they promised they were sending an appraiser out to the body shop on Mondayto assess the damage. Now, just because they are playing nice, I am still trying to stay as vigilant as possible. I never got the vehicle appraised before I bought it (although I was told a 240Z in this good of shape has a KBB value of $6500-7000). So, I really don't know what to expect. Your advice, although a little bit aggressive, is still very helpful, and I appreciate your advice. The biggest hurdle I have right now, that you may not have taken into account, is that this "accident" occured on private property, making it that much more difficult to establish blame (even though most folks know you are at fault if you back out of a parking space and hit a moving vehicle), so... a) there was never a police report....cop said they don't write reports for non-injury/less than $1000 damage accidents that occur on private property. b)she(van driver) is a complete redneck idiot that is stating it was somehow MY fault for not seeing her backing out! I guess my point is, I truly think the insurance company will pay out, so is it worth it to make a huge muss about it?
-
I am so pissed off....
I might have to give that a try at this point. I am not currently having much luck w/ her insurance company OR her, not to mention the odds are stacked against me because this accident happened in a parking lot (private property). With regards to small claims court, should I pursue that BEFORE or AFTER her insurance company appraises the damage?