Everything posted by threefittyzee
-
I am so pissed off....
Yeah, I thought about asking the body shop owner, since I've known him for awhile...if he would be willing to "pad" the pricing on the parts to the insurance company (quote them higher than actual prices), so the extra could help cover a full repaint, but I think this is illegal and don't want to get myself or him in any trouble. I guess I always thought these guys had free reign when it came to pricing their parts, so I figured it may not hurt to ask?
-
I am so pissed off....
Well, she rammed me in the front right corner, smashing the right side headlight, fender, bent the steel bumper, shattered the fiberglass pieces around the bumper. and bent the front-right quarter panel (wheel fender) so that it rubs the front tire. The body shop has determined it to be around $700, just to replace the parts. No labor or paint was included in that quote. That seems like a lot of $$ to repair this old a car. It only cost $300 to repair the bumper of my 350Z....but maybe it's about availablility....I dunno. All i know is this car has cast a spell on me, and although I've only driven it one day...I can't help but wish I were driving IT instead of my 350Z. :disappoin
-
2004-04-09_Z_010
-
New member here...
I'm in Temple. Most of the Z guys I hang out with are from either here, or austin, or dallas. There are a bunch of guys here with 350Zs that I hang out with, but I think I am the only one in my town with a 240Z. Kinda makes me an original I guess. Hee hee.
-
I am so pissed off....
Hey guys, just want to vent a little. I had JUST bought my '72 240Z from a private seller this past Monday. Got a great deal on this car...it has 90K miles on it, has had only one owner, and it runs like a top. Well, this tuesday, not ONE day after I bought the damn car....this old broad in a minivan backs out of a parking space at 50-friggin MPH (exaggeration) and smashes into the front end!!! Mind you, I am only going with the flow of traffic in this parking lot, minding my own business. now...there are pieces of 240z all over the parking lot. So...here I am, with NO insurance on it yet...NO registration on it yet... ...and now they're telling me her insurance company might pay to paint the repaired area, but will not pay to repaint the entire car! This is old paint. This car will look very funny with a bright orange quarter-panel, and the rest of the car a dimmer shade of orange. ...and I do not have $2200 to paint the whole car right now. Are any of you experts in the field of insurance claims? I guess what I need to know, is...if there is a way I can have her insurance pay to repaint the ENTIRE car as opposed to just the damaged part? Is there some kind of "collectible car" clause in there I can utilize? Any help or condolences are welcome. :disappoin thanks.
-
GRM 240Z vs 350Z comparo
well enough said, i suppose.
-
GRM 240Z vs 350Z comparo
Well, it just seems to me that no one really cared too much about the 240Z as a "classic" or a benchmark car until the 350Z came out. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great car...nobody really made a big stink about the 240Z except for the baby-boomers and the hardcore Z enthusiasts, back in the day. Now, ever since the 350Z has made its "comeback"...after the discontinuation of the Z line in '96(?), due to the overweight and overpriced 300ZX TT...people at car shows, and in general, are regarding the 240Z as the "roots of the Z-car" giving it a fresh new reputation as the precedent to the affordable and high-performance competitive market of today's 350Z. Why do you think Nissan marketing has published so many "Old vs. New" perspectives about the 2 cars, via magazine articles, tv spots, and other avenues (you can probably find a good 10 to 15 comparos on the web alone). Again, I am not here to make enemies...and maybe I'm way off. I have only been a 240Z owner for a week or so...and I never expected the 350Z would meet with such animosity and dislike on this forum, so I find myself defending it, as it is truly a great sports car, otherwise I would have bought something else. But, instead of bashing and criticizing the 350Z for was it "stands for"...and for the way it looks or drives, etc.... just remember, the 350Z is partly responsible for bringing the 240Z back to the forefront, and re-introducing it to the younger generation. This is one of the reasons I bought my 240Z. I began to see more and more of them at our Z shows and cruises...and although I never before would have thought to own one, meeting the owners and being re-introduced to the car, I fell in love with it, and eventually found one to buy. With most of the 240Z owners I've met at these cruises/shows, there was always a mutual respect for each others Z's...whether they be 240's, 260's, 280's,350's, etc, etc. Only now, joining this forum have I encountered such bitterness towards the new Z. The 350Z IS...and always WILL be a Z, whether you like it or not. So instead of finding fault with the 350Z, why don't you guys all spend some of your negative energy on, say...... Mustang bashing!!! That's always fun!!! :stupid: <damn, this graveyard shift>
-
GRM 240Z vs 350Z comparo
Here's just a few: my350z.com 350zmotoring.com everything350z.com 350zforums.com freshalloy.com club350z.com Just to name a few...and the car has only been out a year!
-
GRM 240Z vs 350Z comparo
Yeah, but Mike....what if they go out and test drive it, and they really like it? Then...they'll have to admit they were WRONG!!!
-
GRM 240Z vs 350Z comparo
Ya know...it's quotes like these that make you seem ignorant, and make me a little ashamed that you drive the same car I do. Nice generalization, bozo.
-
New member here...
Hey, I have a question.... How practical or feasible is it to have a 240Z as a daily driver? Do any of you guys use yours daily?
-
GRM 240Z vs 350Z comparo
Yeah, well...maybe 10 years from now I can get a Z with a microwave in it.
- zpic1
- 2003-05-24_Z_024
- 2003-05-24_Z_023
- 2004-04-09_Z_020
- 2004-04-09_Z_010
- 2004-04-09_Z_013
- Any Texas Z Club members on here?
-
New member here...
Thanks! I think I just found one! :classic:
-
New member here...
Mmm...and that exhaust note....! It's very nice. But if you hear it, you may be inclined to pick one up for that sound alone.
-
New member here...
Well, to begin with...I like the fact that the 240Z will be fairly easy to fix/replace engine parts, and that it envokes Z heritage every time I look at it. It really is a beautiful car. The 350Z is a powerful, torquey car that handles incredibly, that is beautiful in a different way. The one thing that I've noticed the most...is the generation gap of admirers of these 2 cars. Generally, it's the older crowd that comments on the 240Z...whereas the younger crowd tends to drool over the 350Z. As far as driving characteristics are concerned...they are totally different. I don't push the 240Z, or drive it agressively. I get more satisfaction just cruising and being seen in it. Whereas, pushing the 350Z to its limits is when it truly shines. There's really nothing more satisfying than feeling the tightness of its suspension around a corner, or its instant drive-by-wire throttle response. Does that help a little?
-
GRM 240Z vs 350Z comparo
Actually, the Track model doesn't come with nav, or leather/heated seats. Only the Touring model does(and as options on the other trim models). The Track is the bare-bones, no-frills 350.
-
GRM 240Z vs 350Z comparo
Well...I'll give you guys this much.... It sure is alot easier to drift a 240Z than a 350Z. Audi ! Ha ha! That hurts my feelings...
-
New member here...
That works. I have another forum for the 350Z, so I'll be sure to only ask 240Z-related questions here, as not to offend anyone! ! Anyway, being that I just bought this car (240Z)... Can you guys suggest a good self-help repair guide for it? I've checked Chilton's, but all they have is a mixed Datsun book. I want something solely dedicated to the 240Z. Help?