IGNORED

Firmer Ride or What

Just got my 240 back from the shop with the Tokico's and Hyperthane Bushings I imported from the US. Awesome ride!!

For the information of my fellow Aussies - it was actually cheaper to get the stuff sent over from the US than to buy stuff of inferior quality here and the way the exchange rate is heading it's going to get better!!!

For those that are going see you at the Sydney Z Club meeting tomorrow.

The Tokico shocks were AUS$586 including shipping that was in March so it would be cheaper now with todays rate.

I can't find the receipts for the bushings yet but I'll let you know how much they were when my next VISA statement arrives.

My mechanic charged AUS$350 to fit the shocks and bushings.

Hey Nigel,

By my reckoning, the Z club meeting is on the 21st, which is the Wednesday after tomorrow!!

Geoff

PS By the way did you sell the 280 motor? and what type of Tokico shocks did you get? Were they Illuminas?

Doh! Yes you're right next week it is.

Yes, I still have the 280 engine although I'm currently negotiating the sale of the project car with one of our club collegues from Melbourne.

I didn't bother with the adjustables - it was a budget based choice but I'm pleased with the results regardless.

See you next week.

Well does sound like a good deal. Cheaper than what I paid to get stock suspension fitted to my 260z 2+2. I paid like $700 + for stock struts that didn't include new springs or bushes.

I got ripped damn Pedders. Looks like I'll be getting a set of adjustable ones. and I really wanna know if you got the rear control arm bushes aswell, in poly euerathane damn can't spell.

I couldn't obtain them here :cry: .

I could get the front ones though. I've been thinking of importing parts from the US as they have so much on offer for early Z's compared to here in AUS.

Gavin got my bushes years ago from Howard at autocraft in Hobart Tasmania quite reasonable price could be worth a try good honest guy to deal with howard mailto:autocraft@tasman.net.au 03 62341044

easier than mucking around with the USA

worth a try Mick

Nigel,

good to hear you got Tockico and all the good bushings. You definately got the right brand. They are exceptional when you work them hard. Did you do an upgrade on your spring package at the same time.

cheers

Steve:classic:

• 4 weeks later...

Nigel,

is there any chance you could post a list of what you actually got in your package from the states. I am interested for myself and I think Dato Zed may be interested in a similar package. If you don't want it on the forum could you PM.

cheers

Steve:classic: