CB Garrett's Content - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

CB Garrett

Community Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CB Garrett

  1. Good read. Thanks for sharing. My Z is running strong and is now at the upholstery shop. First time it's been on the raid in 15 years.
  2. Fuel Tank is Now Only $20 bucks.
  3. I’ve got plenty of paint.
  4. That’s the one I’m missing. Additional the connecting hook rod is missing. Jenny is on the couch.
  5. Jenny’s having a look around. She just had hip replacement surgery so she’s in recovery Thank you
  6. I just ordered the stuff from Amazon. Thank you.
  7. A Video I watched from Z Therapy showed a wrapped fuel & return line, they talked about possible vapor lock due to heat. What suggestions can I glean form the group?
  8. I've purchased a new S.World tank and need the original 71 tank off my property. I'm in San Jose, CA and really don't want to deal with shipping. $100.00 is the minimum.
  9. San Jose CA
  10. I'm going to check now. Thank you. I have a FREE fuel tank for someone.
  11. I’m in the process of testing and replacing my fuel sending unit. The original sending unit measured 25 Ὡ’s whether it was full or empty on the test bench. Factory spec from what I can tell is 10 full and 73 empty. So instead of paying a crazy amount for an OEM sending unit I purchased an aftermarket from Z car. Upon testing that unit I had a reading 74 ohms full & 136.7 empty. The Ὡ’s difference between the Factory spec. and the aftermarket unit is 62.7 ohms, the same range. Does that mean I can use the aftermarket, or do I need test/calibrate with the actual Gage?
  12. For sure I’d like to have an original OEM sending unit. I don’t think paying $1000-$1400 for a unit makes any sense. My brand new fancy European fuel tank was less than $1000. If anybody has the part number, please share that it’s worth asking Nissan if they can get it and how much💰 My trusty Winter vehicle will be 24 years old Palm Sunday.
  13. Seems like sound logical advice. Thank you.
  14. On Mar 24, 2026, at 6:28 AM, Zcardepot.com <sales@zcardepot.com> wrote:  Only ones we can get are the aftermarket ones which are hit or miss. If you want the best quality unit, you'll need to hunt around for an OEM one (be prepared to pay well over $1000).
  15. Thanks Mark, my plan is to remove the original sending unit from the tank inspect clean test and install in the new tank. Crazy to think, Nissan can justify such an astronomical price a simple OEM sending unit.
  16. It would be nice if they had those in stock. Matt over there said the aftermarket ones are hit or miss.
  17. I was afraid I'd see a number like that. Maybe I should clean up my old original
  18. I now have a new gas tank from S30 and would like to add a new quality sending unit. Any assistance someone in our group can provide will be greatly appreciated. Cheers. I'd also like to replace the four rubber pads between the body and the tank
  19. Hello, I've received a nice new fuel tank from S30 world. Now I'm looking for a new sending unit for that tank. I also need the four rubber pads that I can't seem to get from Chris at S30. Any direction you can point me will be appreciated
  20. I ordered a new set from moog
  21. I agree they're over tightened. The car was on the ground loading the suspension, but not on blocks. The manual is calling for 18-foot pounds of torque. I'll check and see if they make denser durometer grommet. Then redo with the wheels on block of wood. Thank you

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.