IGNORED

Lead footed B's.

1 Bravo 6

ROFLLOL

WELL, I'll be a monkey's uncle,

A bloke from France and a bloke from Spain on friendly terms !!!!

Have care Alan, those two countries may be teaming up again.

If this keeps up the Poms will have to resurect poor old Horatio Hornblower.

:devious: :devious:

Rick.

ROFLLOLROFLLOL

Excessive speed ????????????????

Well, now, Justin, bear in mind that I AM an old fart with slower reflexes and no need of thrills. I shuffle between 2nd and 3rd up and down the Mt. Morgan Range within the speed limit of 60kph.

Believe me, faster than that would be accompanied by a death wish. Oh, I know blokes who have done it faster but the, every now and then the emergency services are called out to rescue someone who has driven his car off the edge.

The State Forrest ???.

Week days you'd have to be the unluckiest bloke in the world to get caught by the rangers. No one else is there during the week.

I can get enough enjoyment from doing 60kph on a narrow dirt road to keep me happy.

Rick.

Hi Rick,

There aren´t many Zers around here so we have to keep in touch by forums like this !!:ermm: We not plotting any international crisis or anything simliar, :o just wanting to get together to enjoy our Z´s. I think it ´s wonderful that guys from all over the world can chat & help each other out in this club. :classic:

Just for the record, oficially I´m British but have been living in Spain for a total of 13 years & I reckon that Sean is British as well & he has lived all over Europe.

You are welcome to come with us for a good road bashing session. Getting a Z for you to drive could be a bit more difficult !

Dear Old fart,

Symons' right - we're both British - Hornblower's got his final revenge on Napoleons' europe ! I even invaded his brothers' kingdom in the Netherlands !

Me too I can enjoy hilly / mountain roads at 40 mph but I'll be in 1st and 2nd, not 2nd and 3rd !

Signed, a fresh little puppy (dream on !)

Still great to chat with Zedders from all over !

ROFLLOL

Hey there Sean and Symon,

I really didn't think you pair were those nationalities.

Symon doesn't even sound like a spanish name and Sean sure isn't French.

Thanks for the invite Symon but I guess I'll have to pass mate. It's a bit far to travel even if I took a long weekend.

Glad to see you have a sense of humour,

Rick.

Originally posted by Sean Dezart

Dear Old fart,

ROFL

Rick: Fair enough. I suppose most twisty mountain road are quite good at 60km/h. However, all of them around here are 40km/h which is boring by anyones standards.

Mind you I did learn to respect such roads back when I was young and stupid ( ;) ). We did a little run down one of the mountains one night and out of the four cars, two ran off. One of which happened right infront of me. Very luckily everyone was fine, but the cars weren't.

I haven't driven on such roads like that ever again.

Hi Rick,

If your not coming over to spend a week end with us I´ll have to look you up. I´m planning to come over to OZ in 2005. I´m going to send over my Hilux & drive around for a couple of months. I suppose you know where we can get cold beers close to where you live ?

ROFLLOLROFL

Symon,

Here in the land of Oz we only drink COLD beer mate.

2005 Huh ??

Well, you should see quite a bit of the country.

Lets see now, we've got Zed owners in West Oz, Queensland,

South Oz, Victoria, New South Wales, (is there anyone in Tassie ?) and even New Zealand (but their not Oz).

When it get's a bit closer to the time, let us know your itinerary.

Some of us might be able to show you around.

Rick.

Yeh 2005.

I was planning to do an off road trip in my Hilux, well OZ is the place to do it. devious:

I also wanted to see Mark Skaife & the boys racing at Mount Panorama. :cross-eye

I´d thought about having a general drive around to see it all. :cheeky:

I suppose that I´ll have to go shopping with my wife. :love:

& most importantly I´d like to go and join in on at least 1 Z meet & share a few cold beers with the boys ! :eek:

After I think the adventure will really start as I was going to send the car to some where like India & drive back home. I´m planning to semi retire the end of 2004 so I´ll have time to do a once in a lifetime trip. :D

Closer to the date when I know when & where I´m going to be I´ll post a thread inviting everyone to the party. LOL :

The street is not a race corse... can a even experiance driver expect a child to run out in the road ? if your doing the speed limit you would at least stand a chance in stoping... but if you where speeding your reaction time is longer.. your braking distance is lengthed not too mention risk to others..

Think twice... you will learn 1 day.. :)

I just hope it is before you clean up a little 6year old girl with her dolls in her hand.

No such thing as safe speeding..

Originally posted by 280zx Fever

I just hope it is before you clean up a little 6year old girl with her dolls in her hand.

Orr in my case, a little boy chasing his toy truck down (downhill) the driveway apron into the street.

I was on my way back from Saturday-morning-coffee. My casual speed gave me time to see it coming. Maybe all that caffeine perked up my reflexes?