IGNORED

what carbs are the best????

quansta

I have a 73 240z and have a head kit done with cams, seals, springs, etc., headers, exhast, but I am not sure were to go with carbs. I am looking at a four barrelled conversion or the performance SU's. what is the better choice for my engine???i also have a five speed tranny if that makes a difference.

Personally, I'd go with a set of 4 screw SU's from ZTherapy if money permits.

I've heard that the four barrel conversions sometimes have fuel distribution issues that can cause some cylinders to run leaner than others because of the way the runner of the intake are designed. If you look at one, you'll see #1 and #6 intake runner are considerably longer than the ones for 3 and 4. The SU manifolds have nearly equal runner lenghts for all cylinders.

Personally i havent had alot of experiance with the SU's on the Z's but they seem to be good for what they are.. a old carby though they where ahead of there time when they cam out :)

Personally i would go for Triple 50mm webbers, dont go any smaller because you can get chokes to suit the engine more ;) if you go larger you can choke down but if you go too small you cant make em bigger :D

I have triple Webers and the only thing I would advise on these is to find someone who knowsw them well to give you some help initially in getting them jetted properly. Actually pretty simple carbs and easy to modify. Look nice also. Victor.

I have weber DGV's, They seem to be the second choice of the weber family considering the DCOE's but they are still good carbs in my opinion. I don't know much about carbs and got them to run pretty good, so they are reletively simple. They make good power for me. Some say they dont flow as well as the DCOE's because they are downdraft carbs, but I think this would only be a restraint higher race-like applications. I would have chosen the DCOE's but no one was giving them away, like they were the DGV's :classic: