IGNORED

Stick Shifter Length

texasz

Damn good idea that everybody keep a set of bushings around. Stock rubber or solid. When ever the time comes that that center console comes out for what ever reason change 'em. Sorta like cheap insurance for that one really bad misshift at redline! :( .

Also I would like to suggest the hair pin that holds the "B" type stick in be replaced WITH A NEW one. Just more cheap insurance. I actually had my shifter come through the boot in my hand while trying to shift. Getting on the freeway, comeing from Motorsport! Man I wish I had a picture of my Girlfriend's face that day!!!ROFL

:devious:

The MSA shifter is shown with some solid bushings I machined and installed to replace the stock ones.

The other pic shows the difference between the early and late 5 speeds. the shifter with the re-welded, angled arm is from an early box. The straight shifter is out of an 80'ZX.

Phred

post-1542-14150793417255_thumb.jpg

Not at all IMO. Brother man, I still see lots of this type of questions with regards to the five speed conversion. Even though it's a simple swap. The way I learned it was made easy by Sal at MSA. When he still sold parts behind the counter all the time. Whatever tranny "B" series you use you either use the flywheel, clucth kit, fork from the engine or the donnor car. Slap the new trans in and use the drive shaft that fits that trans. some driveshafts are longer than others. I normally have like three driveshafts laying around because i always mix them up when swapping. that I will always have at least one shaft that fits what ever trans I used. sometimes you don't get the shaft when you buy the trans. :devious: