IGNORED

What motor is this?

HKSZ

HKSZ,

Hi Steve, I think you have a replacement engine, your engine dates as late as 05/77 build.

I know the problem with the ID TAG it was a special on the 2+2 notifying engine type and SAE horsepower rating but no engine number.

For a block as you have indicated for your 2+2 I would have expected to see L26- 144000 through to about L26-159000. If the number is correct could the position of the numbers be out of sequence, a 0 at the front is a real killer. I would expect it to read L26-175550. as to a L24- block the 0 out the front is to early 10/70 build highly unlikely with your casting mark. as L24-175550 would be 6/73 build.

It all depends if the numbers are in the right sequence.

Cheers

steve :classic:

Thanks,

The block #'s given are correct, they also match up with the rego sticker.

Still a bit suspect ginding back the L xx but its not the first time.

I had a L26 in a zed, really gutless so I pull the head off and found the pistons were the size of coke cans! It was a L20 and some body had stamped a mark on the 0 in L20 to make it L26 :finger:

Steve