IGNORED

What motor is this?

HKSZ

Just bought a 260 2+2 for a parts car. The motor has early SU's and runs really well but I can't identify whether its a L24 or L26 as the L xx before the serial number looks like it may have been grinded off :finger: It has a e88 head and on the LH side of the block is stamped P 30 3309.

Did the P 30 blocks run both L24 & L26 ?

Any tips on differences?

cheers Steve

Well, I am not familiar with AU specs but I am pretty sure the P30 was the casting number on L24 and L26 motors. Also, the E88 head came on late '71 240 - 260Z in US. There were at least two variations of the the E88 head but they had the same casting number. Sounds like it could be the stock motor with early carbs. But didn't AU 260Z's use the same carbs as the 240Z? Or did AU get the flattop carbs like US???

What is the casting number on the intake manifold?

Hi guys,

maybe I can help I have lots of engine numbers for 240 and 260 in the data base, either post or private message me the full engine number and I will check it across the info I haveand let you know what it is. I will need the info below to cross reference.

Can you tell me the body number from that data plate that says L26 and has no engine number area. also maybe the colour in and out and the compliance date

cheers

Steve

build 10 / 1976

gsr30 015069

current motor 017555

original orange in colour with cream interior

straight car but only good for parts now as the rust has taken a hold in the lower sills, quarters etc.

Nissan must have stopped stamping motor #'s on build plates in 76 because my earlier 240's and 260's detailed them.

Steve AKA Steve

Originally posted by HKSZ

Yes the round top carbs ended with the 240z in '73.

Steve

Really? My 260z 2+2 parts car has round top carbies. (diifferent to my 240z round tops, but definately not flat tops). Its a '75.

Think maybe only the US got flat tops to meet emmission laws.

Any aussies with 260z's have flat tops, and what year is your 260z? Lets work this out once and for all.