IGNORED

original jute material

kats

I've seen a few of the AAMCO mats on auction at eBay over the years, and I do not know if they put their name on the matts, but the ones that I saw looked much different than the ones Mark photographed. The ones I saw had a big "Z" for a logo instead of the "DATSUN" shown on Marks mats. They also were covered with many deep grooves to hold water. I do not know if they made other models of mats for the Z's that were different.

26th-Z,

Thank you for your great photo.I see your rear deck does not have insulator,I mean I see 12 holes on the deck.

My understanding,this is a typical 1969(or Jan 1970) 240Z's featuring.My march 1970 240Z have insulator for the rear deck so holes are covered,just dents like a bowl there.

I will post my rear deck's photo.

Kats

I look forward to seeing the rear deck on yours. As far as I can tell my April 1970 has the same deck as 26th-z's.

I'll post a picture (if I can get my digi camera to work!!!)

regards

Andrew

Originally posted by BambiKiller240

The ones I saw had a big "Z" for a logo instead of the "DATSUN" shown on Marks mats. They also were covered with many deep grooves to hold water.

Interesting. That's just what the mats in my new 280Z look like. Deep grooves and a big "Z" on them. Have to pull one out and look at it closer. Unfortunately, tonight is "fix the new car" night, since I blew the clutch slave cylinder last night on the way to a local watering hole, and have to replace it now. Actually found a local parts store that had it in stock! But that's another subject...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you very much,26th-Z.I was surprised that 1969 240Z has

tar mat insulator.

mdbrandy,yes this is typical 1969 240Z and japanese fairlady-Z.

abas,your 240Z is april 1970 but yours does not have insulator,this is very interesting and I have to revise my understanding.

I show my march 1970 240Z's rear deck compartment.

There is a insulator covering the floor panel.Closely look at around spair tyre bin,you can see the insulator on the floor too.

http://www.geocities.jp/datsunz903/deckcomp.html

• 5 months later...

Having just got the remaining jute material from my 1970 car out of storage after 10 years, I thought it might be helpful to post some pictures of what is left as a comparison to the patterns that Kats posted previously, which I think were from a Japanese market car?

hope this is of help to someone.

Andrew

picture1

Remaining jute in approximate position when in the car

post-3674-14150793866905_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Andrew. I made tracings of my old jute for patterns. I have the tunnel jute pattern as well. Your photos will be valuable to me as I compare what I was able to salvage to your "pristine" examples. Has anyone found a proper replacement material? I received a sample from LeBaron Bonney and it is not the same material.

No problem 26thz, let me know if you need any better pictures. I have the rear deck jute too but I think Kats pictures are the same as mine.

Most of the new jute I have looked at over here is also not quite the same, but I keep on looking.:classic:

Hope the z convention goes well.

regards

Andrew