IGNORED

Best sounding 240/280 exhaust

inline6

Weld a bung on your exhaust pipe in the correct spot. Attach a length of braided line with a schrader valve at the end, do the dyno run, and check with one of those low pressure off road tire guages. When you're done, remove the line and cap off the bung on the exhaust. The line and the schrader valve may not last more then a few dyno sessions due to the exhaust heat.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any vids or sound clips of exhaust systems with stock manifolds? Im looking at a Monza system for my 240. Has anyone heard one before? Im looking for a nice deep european tone, enough to get peoples attention if I step on it, and a nice mellow sound while crusing (why I want to use the manifold..)

Thanks,

Dave

I had a Monza exhaust with the stock exhaust manifold on my 240Z for a little while. Installation was pretty simple and the fit was good. It used the existing hangers.

I liked the look of the dual chrome tips on the rear muffler. It had a nice sports car sound without being too loud or resonant. I've since put on a MSA 3-2 header and 2-1/2" Turbo exhaust. It's a bit louder than the Monza and more resonant at higher RPM, but it sounds good, too. I'd say the MSA exhaust would be more of an attention getter with the pedal down.

• 8 months later...

just put header and duals on,..and hate it! turbo mufflers,no resonators,... and sounds like a civic with a giant muffler,when you romp on it.plus exhaust hangs so low(little room for duals down there),it's hard not to drag it off. i must be doing something wrong.......

I was told if going naturally aspirated stock to stick with a 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" mandrel bent pipe from the collector for best results. As far as exhaust note goes magnaflow with a long resonator for a smooth sound is my taste. This is my planned setup unless I here a better one.