IGNORED

AUSTRALIA: Restored 1974 260Z shell for sale

drunkenmaster

Hi,

Im located in Melbourne, looking at perhaps selling my shell;

www.angelfire.com/hi3/hiper/260Z.html

It features a professional bare metal respray in 2pack paint and all rust repairs done. It also has deleted rear bumper mounts, locks and side indicators as well as a tab welded inside the fuel filler door to allow a modern solenoid release. I have also stripped the underbody to shiney metal in preperation for rust proofing, it is not often you get to see clean metal under there before buying a car to ensure no frame rust. It comes along with fan unit, front and rear suspension, recent shocks, urethane front bushes, R200 diff and other odds and ends.

Im looking at the $5k AUD mark which is pretty much the cost of a professional respray and you get the shell for free.

Great for those with a rusted car or those planning their hybrid engine swap.

I have 3x Z cars all of which are unroadworthy or undrivable and all my money is tied up in them. This combined with the fact I dont have a daily driver anymore makes for a very inconvenient position i put myself in.

Its not a big deal if I cant sell it because I will still build it otherwise.

After all that effort I'm curious why this is the one your selling. From someone who had a straight shell and sold it for a daily driver I would like to offer my experience which is please consider what your doing here.

I sold my shell and still regret it my current Z is great although i just blew a head gasket today :(.

What happened to the mirage?

As i mentioned before, i put myself in this stupid position.

I sold the mirage almost a month ago as I was offered a very reasonable price on it. Mistake? maybe.

A week later of course I got a new job which requires me to drive to work, no public transport.

I needed a daily driver bad and bought this 1977 260Z to fill the duties as it looked to be close to roadworthy BUT it arrived and almost nothing worked and it had trouble starting and idling. I spent the weekend working on it and have all the electrics up again and the car runs quite well now after playing with the carbs with a friend. We took it for a blast this afternoon and it was great, I miss having a complete Z car and want to get this one back into top shape but I cant afford to have 2 projects. The 1977 need rust repair before it can be roadworthy and it is going to be pricey, Zworx want $900 for repro doglegs including fitting.

So here I am in a rock and a hard place/chicken and the egg situation with still no car tomorrow to drive me to work. Have to borrow the gf's AGAIN for the 3rd week running and she has to catch the train. (No public transport to my work).

Basically i want to get the 1977 registered but I dont like doing half assed repairs nor do I want to put serious money into a car im not going to keep.

Bloody hell

Sorry to hear that well I hope you make the right decision I understand how you feel I just blew the head gasket on my Z haven't been driving it hard just one of those things.

I have to borrow my mum's car a Tarago of all things but i can live on public transport.

How about a Nissan Pulsar as a daily driver? I might get my girlfriend one and my sister they both need cars :).

There pretty cheap too and lots of them around I think there good cars but you might not have that kinda budget I know i don't if I did I would myself :).

I have lots of spares I have bought for the car along the way I could throw in only if I get my asking price as they cost around a grand by themselves.

They include:

Average spare doors complete with all good door trims/handles/latches/glass

Average hatch complete with glass, chrome trim and lock/latch

Average dash with instruments

Good Seats with rails

Rear 1/4 windows

Most interior trims

and more

NOTE: will not seperate