IGNORED

fender mt mirror question

1975yellowBSPZ

Alan,

I probably should have spoken up earlier, but I dowloaded that picture and saved it for future reference when I get a set of mirrors. Your efforts were much appreciated. My pathetic collection of Z car pictures and information mostly comes from your posts, and they are always looked forward to at the end of a boring day at uni.

Many Thanks Chris

Thanks Chris,

It makes it a pleasure if people like yourself appreciate the effort and can use the data / information to good effect.

I only wish that the people who ask the original questions might sometimes be bothered to acknowledge that somebody attempted to give answering them a full and proper shot.

Declining social skills, maybe?

It would be a real shame if this site ended up like a lot of the car-related sites on the web. Sometimes I read them and start to think that people don't even notice when they have their cake and are eating it.

What say you, 1975yellowBSPZ?

Alan T.

my aplogies! I did use your measurements and it was perfect! I'm sorry I came off as indifferent, the information and the image was right on target! sorry I didn't properly thank you, I guess I forgot (toomanymessageboardpostitis) if you were in Texas I'd buy you a cold one for sure!!!!

BW

• Like 1

In referece to my original question, on my 75- using HS30-H's measurement, just like he said I did not have to

remove my fenders, I loosened the front half of the fender liner and slid my hand up and around to get to the nuts on the back. The process took all of 20 minutes. The mirrors I got, much like the ones in msa's catalog, have short bases, so you have to move them outboard on the fenders, I moved them 1 3/4 inches outboard, that way I could kind of split the difference and cover the holes with the outward edge of the bases if I got the factory units at some point. I have pictures in my gallery of my setup and can take more if anyone has any questions.

BW

Just a quick note of thanks to Alan for the measurements, I too stashed them away for later reference. '75 yellow, how is the visibility? I like the idea of not having to turn my head to see the door mounted mirror.

Thanks again!

Dave

Thanks for the measurements Alan, I printed them out, and across the bottom in big bold letters put, "Remember stupid, this is for a RHD!" just so I don't drill the holes in the wrong places.....It's gonna be a while before I install mine and don't want to forget...:tapemouth

• 1 month later...

Hi. I just wanted to say thank you Alan for the information on the fender mirror position. I too will be installing these mirrors onto my z.

I actually took your picture, and I repositioned the numbers so that it will be easier for us LHD guys to look at, and it lessens the chance of us forgetting that its RHD measurements.

I have attached it below.

Thanks again for all the great info, and I look forward to looking at more of your informative posts.

-Eric

post-4728-14150793120861_thumb.jpg

• 13 years later...
On 9/9/2003 at 2:23 AM, HS30-H said:

Oh well - maybe the information will be of use to somebody else who will appreciate it..................................

Alan T.

Alan, reviving an old thread but it looks like someone did find this information useful.  Someone posted it to Facebook, which didn't exist back in 2003. :)