IGNORED

carb backfire, help

jeffs73

i have a 73 240z and the front carb backfires through the carb only on quick throttle bursts. i've check timing, distributor shaft runout, changed the points, plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. i have not tried rebuilding though. any help is appreciated. thx!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My forward carb does the same thing. The only difference is that I can't even get my car to start.....well, it turns over, but dies when I go to the ON position. Does anyone think if I need to buy some damper oil to see if the problem lies with the carbs or the ignition, etc.

Thanks,

Brian:alien:

I finally figured out the my fuel regulator was not giving the proper 3 psi to the webers. books say that you can go between 1.5 and 3 psi. I think I need 3psi due to a radical cam. I bought a pressure gauge from summit and dialed it in. I haven't gotten a "pop" since.

Now I just need to figure out why I get high pressure when I cold start. After I drive it some it goes down to 3psi... weird.