IGNORED

Diesel Crank.

Gav240z

Ok I'm after a diesel crank but not right now as I'm still working things out with my new job and money is a bit scarce but I wanna know what the LD28 came in. I know it was found in the NIssan Patrol around 1980 I think but don't know what it looks like.

Does anyone have an photo's of what these things look like, This is gonna be part of my L engine build up so would be good for future reference. Thanks

:D

Gav240z,

are you sure it is a Patrol engine for Australia. I was of the opinion that SD33 series was the Australian engine and the LD28 was an importer supplied engine out of the taxies/LAURELS.

Just an opinion

Steve:classic:

texasz,

I know Nissan made a few early Maximas with the diesel motor in them. Try looking for one of those. Otherwise, you'd be looking for a pick-up truck with a diesel motor, or a delivery truck of some sort.

texasz,

It was during the early 80's, like '80-'83. It's the old square body style back when the Maximas were rear-wheel drive cars. They were a hell of a lot of fun to drive back then. Although I've never driven the diesel version.

Like Doehring, I too would like a good explanation of what the benefit of an LD28 crank is. I have an "82 L28 with an F54 block that I'm going to rebuild with an N42 head and put in my 240Z and would like to know what difference the LD28 crank would make since I will already have it taken apart. I am planning on keeping everything else stock in the engine (i.e. no over boring).