Which bolt shape used to install tunnel console? - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Which bolt shape used to install tunnel console?

Featured Replies

I am trying to get this car back to closer to original. For the 3 bolts that secure the tunnel console to the tunnel (the ones you see I mean), what are they supposed to be? I have a hard time seeing the shape in BAT photos. I only found 2 when reassembling my car. They have kind of a lip around them, but are flat (no shoulder). Seems an odd choice to use for the fiberglass tunnel, where the holes are kind of rounded (at least on mine, FWIW).

I have unrelated bolts I could use, but would like to use original hardware where possible.

IMG_1449.jpeg

Are you referring to the center console.

Two bolts at the back and a longer one in the change tray?

They are black oval headed screws...

  • Author

Thanks. I might have mixed up the bolts for this and the ones for the heater/radio console. Or not, haven't checked what those are supposed to be yet.

For any future lookers:
coin case: 08320-51242

The two in back: 08320-51242

https://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/Z-1969-1978/body-240z/floor-console-finisher-ash-tray

so both locations are, according to this anyway, the same size. So I think that's M5 12mm length.

And washer-plain:
08915-43510

That washer at least appears to be available online.

The info in carpartsmanual.com for 240z... that's not like downloadable in any format is it? Would like to have it in the garage in book form.

Never seen washers on those console machine screws. Clearly there in the fiche aren’t they? Always thought the shape of the seat where the screw head sits were kinda tapered and fit the underside shape of the screws making washers an unexpected thing. Who knew?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.