New Member 240Z owner - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

New Member 240Z owner

Featured Replies

  • Popular Post

Hello everyone. I thought I would make the first post here. I am back in a 240z, again. This is actually the car I learned to drive in 36 years ago. My father bought it new after Vietnam and it was a garaged daily for decades. For a time by brother used it after crashing his 72 but abandoned it for 15 years when he moved out of country. I saved it from being discarded and started to bring it back to what I remember 3 and a half decades ago.

Here is a picture with the roll cage out (So I fit)

Cheers everyone.

20260321_140159.jpg

Edited by DrFeelGood

  • Author

20260321_133141.jpg

Mostly taking inventory. The car had a superficial layer of mold inside so the interior is being stripped. Enzymatic treatment of every surface and likely more.

Over the years, he acquired a parts car worth of stuff that had replacements for most things including new Nissan window rubber, firewall rubber, and clutch kit.

There is not a early center console in the mix (sadly) and the velour insert seat covers have got to go.

No dome light either (yet). That thing is expensive.

I have only gone through 40% of the stuff so far.

20260323_185747.jpg

You should be able to pick up a used dome light assy from one of the members here for $10 - $15. Most of us have one or two spares sitting our collections of, 'stuff that might come in handy some day'.

  • Author
4 hours ago, Namerow said:

You should be able to pick up a used dome light assy from one of the members here for $10 - $15. Most of us have one or two spares sitting our collections of, 'stuff that might come in handy some day'.

Thanks for that. As a new member I want to take some time before I start asking for favors ;)

Cheers

Dome lamps at $10-15 are a gift! They have gone up dramatically recently. Even for rough used units

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
13 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Dome lamps at $10-15 are a gift! They have gone up dramatically recently. Even for rough used units

Yes, I agree. As they crumble away they are still fetching $50-$75 in a brittle, corroded, "as parts" kinda way.

I really never did anything with these since I last posted them for someone on here.

IMG_9384.jpg

IMG_9385.jpg

I have the early center console as well, not a show car piece but correct for the car. Although you would also need the earlier choke set up as well as an ashtray / fuse cover.

@DrFeelGood I am not sure where you reside so as to estimate any shipping for such an item. If you had any interest.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Terrapin Z said:

I have the early center console as well, not a show car piece but correct for the car. Although you would also need the earlier choke set up as well as an ashtray / fuse cover.

@DrFeelGood I am not sure where you reside so as to estimate any shipping for such an item. If you had any interest.

Wow, amazing. Thank you so much for the response. I am still taking inventory of parts. I wish I had been more patient. The dome light I had looked perfect except for the broken lens. I decided to 3d print one (fast PLA) and test fit it when I realized the switch was not functional. After spending some time to rehabilitate it, with poor effect, I opened the switch. All went well, until it didn't.

I made a fateful (late night) decision to buy a NOS lamp from Japan (instead of having the car repainted with the same money sarc)

I believe I have the choke, fuse/ash components already. I am still waiting for my father to clean out the rest of the components when he returns in Spring. I believe he has a P90 head and some other larger items ready to make the trip.

Thank you again and if I can maybe circle back as I find out more I would be grateful.

Thanks for adding the signature line, that helps other known what you have for a car and in this case a location. I am about 100 miles North of Portland.

It seems you have most all the parts you need, including a nice dome light now. ☀️

If you don't know of it as yet there, is a Datsun meet coming up soon on July 11in Brooks OR. At the Powerland Farms just South of Portland. It is a fun show and swap meet.

Feel free to reach out for any needs, I have a large hoard of useful parts. Not much for show cars but good basic parts.

All the best.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.