Help ID early air filter assembly - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Help ID early air filter assembly

Featured Replies

Can anyone confirm that this is air filter assembly is from an early 240Z? It looks similar, but is missing some of the inlet/outlet barbs that I think it should have? Could it be from a different Datsun model altogether?

I'm looking to purchase these, but want to make sure they are for a Z before pulling the trigger.

Thanks in advance for any input!

air filter.jpg

air filter2.jpg

  • Author

Thanks for the link! The one I pictured appears to be the same as the one on the far right of the three pictured by 26th-z. It only has one "hose barb" connection.

Thanks Again!

@siteunseen Our “Forum Librarian Guru” Strikes again!!

With that air filter the way it is I wonder where the float bowl vents went? The one that's there should be connected to the hose from the valve cover.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
On 10/29/2025 at 1:14 PM, astrohog said:

the same as the one on the far right of the three pictured by 26th-z. It only has one "hose barb" connection.

Yes, I have those air cleaners, accumulated over the years. I don't know what or how that style of cleaner fits.

The float bowl drains don't have to connect to the backing plate. I have seen drain tube fittings just straight down from the float bowl. Let me see if I can find a picture.

Edited by 26th-Z

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.