Putting out the feelers - Page 2 - For Sale - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content
Be cautious of scammers! If you are asked to send Zelle, Paypal, or even gift cards it is likely a scam. Be smart and talk on the phone and trade real photos. Check every profile and never do business with a member who joined less than 6 months ago.

Putting out the feelers

Featured Replies

Solved by Patcon

Triple SU carbs...I've never seen that. That car must really scoot!

Sorry you "might" have to let it go. I don't know your situation, but everyone who has had a 240Z always says...."Man, I wish I had kept that car."

So, again, I'm sorry you could lose her. She is very, very nice! I found mine on BaT. I can't imaging letting go of her...

  • Author

Thanks guys. I really don't want to get rid of her but life is getting expensive. I have a kiddo who will be going to college in 3 years and I'm in a house with a very small garage. One day I'll have a big garage or shop again and I'm sure that's the point I'll regret letting her go.

  • 5 months later...

Hey, @Mike the car’s paid for and trying to build another today will definitely be difficult than the era you built that beauty. Just sayin!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I'm really impressed with the carburetor set-up. That's a very valuable car, and with some provenance, perhaps? That should be worth at least one year of med school!

  • 8 months later...
  • Author

Getting close to making a run on this. I still have to get out to the storage unit to flush the brakes. But after the holiday I'll be pulling her back home to finish up any details and get her on BAT. If you know anyone looking send me a mail.

What are you looking to ask?

  • Author
1 minute ago, Yarb said:

What are you looking to ask?

I have no idea... this car has a huge amount of time and money invested not only by me but others as well. It went through a full resto with Ztherapy and currently running triple Mikuni 40's and a blueprinted Rebello L28. They used it as a shiny car in a PDX roadster show years ago.

I also know the full history, as it started out new with Bob Gilder (pro golfer) and was sold to his brother in law when he got sponsors and a free Mercedes. His inlaws drove it around for years before letting it sit at their parents house. I picked it up with a frozen block during my Jr year in high school and replaced the engine. I drove it around for about a decade before I started sand blasting every part imaginable. It went through college, girlfriends, marriage, divorce, a few more girlfriends, another marriage, and many different moves/jobs.

This car probably knows me more than I know myself. I guess, to me it's priceless but I'm done letting things like this keep me planted where I don't want to be.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.