IGNORED

Early 240 ”69” cars door wiring provisions

118328DE-D7C7-4130-9AD0-80D1553118EB.jpeg0483ED52-F213-4C2D-850E-3321845A1394.jpeg      Recently, while disassembling a early 240z door, and noticed a tab welded on the bottom of the interior door, near the handle but inside the door, a Metal, plastic flexible tab that is used throughout our cars to maintain wiring.     I”ve looked at vin 740, and 800 something, and tab is not present.  Curious to those with one of the “first 550 cars in 69”  who happen to have their door panel off to peak in and see if same tab is there….  Assuming it was for holding the aborted door light wiring?   If this has previously been discussed in past 30 years please direct me to the conversation….   How far down the production line was this present?

Picture attached

• Like 1

The door lights were available new but the few I have seen show up in recent years have been quite expensive. I believe they were more likely to show up in the Japanese domestic market

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Patcon said:

The door lights were available new but the few I have seen show up in recent years have been quite expensive. I believe they were more likely to show up in the Japanese domestic market

Im hoping to get a couple of early car owners to peak inside their doors and see, and try to determine when this tab disappeared…. It disappeared earlier then vin 740.    
 Kats was nice enough to share a wiring diagram showing the door lights path of “power”  

I’m tempted to use my set of door lights on a car one day….

Edited by dspillman
Kats
  • Like 1

Hi, I didn’t know there is a tab! It is interesting. I want to check it if some proper early cars are in the middle of restoration in progress, but it is very hard to see those super early cars in person. So we get together here, I will wait someone shows up and posts pictures of the tab in question.

Kats

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Patcon said:

The door lights were available new but the few I have seen show up in recent years have been quite expensive.

Are these 'door lights' the ones that appear in the Parts Manual (Electrical - Step Lamp and Map Lamp) as PN 26420-E4100  ?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Patcon said:

If I had a set of early door lights, I guarantee they would be on my car!! 🙂

It takes a commitment to cut into a door panel for the Install

Edited by dspillman
spelling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

That is part # 80848-E4100 "Crimp-Harness Step Lamp

Not knowing the exact route of wiring as the factory intended for this rare or never installed light, I think it important to determine if in fact intentions were to have the wires run across the  bottom of the door.  

Wondering if either of your early cars are accessible, and with door panel off to peak in and determine if this little tab is present? 

If you already know "which is likely" that this tab is present, it would be good to know either way.

david