IGNORED

Watanabe Wheels and Brake Kit Options?

Hello, I recently got a set of 15x8 0 offset Gold Watanabe Type R wheels. I currently have the front Toyota 4X4 SW13 brake calipers installed on my car which does not fit with the Watanabe wheels. My question is does anyone know what front and rear brake kits will work with my new wheels excluding the ZCG kit. My fenders are rolled/cut so I may also be able to run some spacer if needed but nothing too crazy. Any input would be appreciated thanks.

6 minutes ago, Yarb said:

Is the wheel hitting the fins on the caliper? In so you can grind them down. Sounds like it might be worse than that.

Its hitting the entire caliper, the caliper sticks past the hub portion by a pretty big margin like 6-9mm past it. I think I would only be okay with only running a 1-5mm spacer currently since I still don't have coilovers and the 15x8 is apparently the max size before running into rubbing problems with rolled fenders too. I personally don't feel comfortable grinding down that much of the caliper too and essentially making it more unsafe and look uglier lol.

18 hours ago, Ownallday said:

I read the ZCG kit works but the price is what keeps me away

Brakes are something that you should spend the most money on. It's your only real defense in an accident outside of driving ability and reaction time.  

1 hour ago, duffymahoney said:

Brakes are something that you should spend the most money on. It's your only real defense in an accident outside of driving ability and reaction time.  

Doesn't need to be the most expensive brakes out there though, I'm obviously not going to go back to stock brakes either. I'm willing to get Wildwood brakes (especially the smaller 4 piston brakes that TTT or silver mine sell) but I need to know if it'll work with my Watanabes first.

On 3/27/2024 at 1:25 PM, Ownallday said:

Doesn't need to be the most expensive brakes out there though, I'm obviously not going to go back to stock brakes either. I'm willing to get Wildwood brakes (especially the smaller 4 piston brakes that TTT or silver mine sell) but I need to know if it'll work with my Watanabes first.

Have you tried asking them directly?

17 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Have you tried asking them directly?

I actually contacted a couple of other people. Got my question answered. Wildwood micro kit on TTT and silvermine will work in the front and rear but the rear e-brake cable hits the wheels and requires a spacer or no e-brake) The guy I talked to has a 12mm spacer not sure if anything smaller will work to clear the cable.

The S12+8 front brakes (stage 3 on silvermine) fit and require only a 2mm spacer or 2mm to be shaved but someone else got away without shaving so it's 50/50 direct fit. And the rear disc brake conversion from Z car depot or the stage 4 rear brakes from silvermine will work with no spacer.

Writing this Incase anyone needs an answer.

• Like 1