IGNORED

Repetitive clunking noise from driver side only when in motion. How concerned should I be?

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Take some measurements.  Measure the opening of the rim.  Maybe it's not meant for a Nissan.  Measure the stud lengths.  Use the method I described and be sure that the studs are pulled all the way in.  

Besides the problems you've had there's a lot more wrong with what you're doing.  Those hubs are flithy.  The area where the rim contacts the hub should be clean, on both the hub and the rim.

No offense intended, but there are more people than you and your wife/girl friend at risk here.  Get some help from somebody who knows cars.  People get killed by wheels that fall off of vehicles at speed.  Not the ones in the three-wheeled car, the people that get hit by the 50 mph wheel.  Besides the guilt, you'd be financially liable.

Sorry to be a downer, but there's quite a bit wrong in this thread.

Car has been operated on private road twice, < 1/4 mile each time with lug nut torque checked before and after, will not see public roads until this issue is rectified.

I'm not new to working on cars, but mounting this one rim seems to be the only problem child in the scenario. Rear wheels are secure, drivers wheel is secure, no clearance issues otherwise so I think this may be an isolated issue with the studs.

I do appreciate your help and advice, and I will make sure/verify the studs are pulled in and look at the angle of the studs as well as cleaning up the hub surface.

Edited by NocturnalEmber
  • Like 3