IGNORED

Barrel clips for emblems

MH77280Z

The diameter of the hatch emblems fit the barrel clips I have received. The two fender emblems i think are way too thick to even try to put the clips etc. Do they come in different sizes? or should i leave the clips off for the fender emblems?

17 hours ago, MH77280Z said:

Do they come in different sizes? or should i leave the clips off for the fender emblems?

I could believe it when you say they fit without those barrel clips! When i restore a car i weld those (alsways trouble) holes shut! Then i use some strong double sided tape in black.

I know that on those Z emblems on the L and R side at the rear are 3 barrel clips (240z at least), they are often rusted..

When you go to use some double sided tape, put the tape first on the emblem and cut it to fit with a hobbyknife, then mark the spot where you want it with some tape (Just under the spot where you want it) and then place the emblem. You'll never loose it and can easy remove it with a thin wire and NO RUST EVER! 🙂

• Like 2

I could believe it when you say they fit without those barrel clips! When i restore a car i weld those (alsways trouble) holes shut! Then i use some strong double sided tape in black.
I know that on those Z emblems on the L and R side at the rear are 3 barrel clips (240z at least), they are often rusted..
When you go to use some double sided tape, put the tape first on the emblem and cut it to fit with a hobbyknife, then mark the spot where you want it with some tape (Just under the spot where you want it) and then place the emblem. You'll never loose it and can easy remove it with a thin wire and NO RUST EVER! [emoji846]

Well, I would normally agree but having lost emblems from the rear spoiler with only 3M sticky stuff on, I now use both barrel clips AND the sticky tape.

3 hours ago, AK260 said:

lost emblems from the rear spoiler with only 3M sticky stuff on,

Wow!!  Then you should use some other brand, i had really difficulty to get them of my fenders years ago and used some of black tape that looked more like sealant..  Till this day it sits there on my fenders being difficult to remove.. i never tried because i got other worries haha..

Maybe one needs to clean the emblems of any grease first?  I never had that problem.. are you sure there wasn't a "collector" looking for very rare emblems? 🙈

• Like 1

The problem i have with those pins of emblems in the fender or elswhere,, they collect moist and the paint just needs to be a little broken and rust will come..

For thiefs of the emblems.. they get them off one way or another (And brake the paint in the holes) so i find the very sticky stuff the best solution.

Use 3M Silicon seal or adhesive.  Black color.  Clean the paint surface around the pin holes (de-wax).  Seal the pins in the holes with dabs of the silicon.  The adhesive is much stronger.  Use much less of a dab on the pins.

• Agree 2

Wow!!  Then you should use some other brand, i had really difficulty to get them of my fenders years ago and used some of black tape that looked more like sealant..  Till this day it sits there on my fenders being difficult to remove.. i never tried because i got other worries haha..
Maybe one needs to clean the emblems of any grease first?  I never had that problem.. are you sure there wasn't a "collector" looking for very rare emblems? [emoji85]

Ha! The discerning “collector”.

Truthfully, the emblems came with sticky backs so I trusted them - silly me!

But since using the 3M double back patches (also used for mounting your go pro windscreen mounting etc), not had a problem!