IGNORED

Advice needed for Autocross tires and tire configuration.

Jeff Berk

You are going to be limited on your front camber adjustment (more negative camber), unless:

1. You install lower control arm offset bushings (or use adjustable lower control arms)

2. You install some type of camber adjusting plate in your front upper control towers. I use Ground Control (along with their coilover kit) in my '73 autocross car, but there are many other options available since I did the conversion 10 or so years ago. Ground Control was the only player at the time.

3. Rear camber is not as important, but it helps.

• Like 1

Going back to the LSD option, I found this OBX on e-bay from what looks like an authorized dealer. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185599652068?fits=Make%3ANissan&hash=item2b3699f0e4:g:vqgAAOSwhrFjNjda&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4MIe6Uoer6SZ0hsN5krJSbV4iFzg4hk%2BAWSrQNuI663pte0VClGAiTftyVKD9QBBi5zpeWVgyuK7X8d5qM%2FvG4Fo2gXX2RUObNdHtG7D73Mo9nfI0dJ%2Byd593rpBfvqSsa06fVSNP9akt2sG6CZD7DFkwHTKIkLlpH1aKehC0cNbptijaXZ0q2oTs7O8rOM1knezPhA2heLZqUcojkWuFCv528k9hwvcmaAXmIzBdy8Glh3gTCT%2FOHue2Fql5GMDzkHZlZnI6Rfj5h2XZdh9jjET%2B9q3StxSl37CyBSmwgLf|tkp%3ABFBMhuTRzfZi

I think my differential is an R200 out of a 280zx so I'm assuming this unit will work. I understand that I'll need some ancillary parts like shims, but I can use my existing axles. I've been reviewing the following youtube video which seems informative (how did we survive pre-youtube?).

The OBX LSD ebay listing indicates that it fits the 84 to 89 300ZX. As far as I can tell, I have a R200 out of a 280zx so it should NOT fit my differential. But, from what I read in a posting here on ClassicZ is that the difference between 84 to 89 R200's and the 75-83 R200's is that the 75-83 R200s used a ring gear bolted to the carrier with 10mm bolts while the ’84-89 used 12mm bolts.

In the video by Stewart Motoring, he had used bushings to fit the 10mm bolts into the 12mm holes.

Does that mean that all I need to do is purchase the same bushings he did from McMaster Carr and that will adapt the LSD to my ring gear? I'm assuming that I can retain my existing side shafts or half shafts (whatever they are called) between the rear wheels and differential.

NEW TWIST: The vendor shows the OBX unit is out of stock but he has MHP LSDs at the same price.

Edited by Jeff Berk