Wiring harness A-pillar buzzing? - Page 2 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Wiring harness A-pillar buzzing?

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, chaseincats said:

So it's sounding like the resounding conclusion is some sort of very short-lived bug.  Quite frankly that sound/how often it happens kind of makes sense.  The buzzing really doesn't last all that long and will go away for months.  I'll start taking a look around the car to find openings that may need shuttenings (which I'm dubbing a word).

Does anyone know where the fresh-air opening is for a 78?  @grannyknot The rear hatch plugs have an unbroken piece of duct tape over them as a seal.

I'm talking about the rubber boot that surrounds the hinges.

@Patcon, the bottom of the A pillar opens up into the cowl area.

 

IMG_2454.JPG

10 hours ago, chaseincats said:

Does anyone know where the fresh-air opening is for a 78? 

The fresh air openings for the 77 and 78 bodies is under the cowl area. Previous years they piped air through the frame rails behind the headlights, but with the extensive metal redesign in 77 they moved the intake holes to under the cowl panel.

Couple years ago I had my cowl panel off to work on my windshield wiper assemblies, and while it was off, I stuck my camera down there and took a couple pics.

This should explain things:
P1120041a.JPG

  • Author

so it sounds like I should open the cowl and see if theres any mud dauber mud in there?

  • 2 years later...
  • Author

Resurrecting this thread like pick-your-favorite Bela Lugosi movie.

After giving up on this for years, I was on the highway last night with the driver-side window open (passenger side window closed) and it was REALLY making a lot of noise. I discovered when I shut the driver-side window, the sound goes away immediately, but re-opening it starts the sound again. This only happens at over a certain speed. It sounds like a huge hornet buzzing around in there.

I'm assuming there is somehow air getting into the roofliner or side pillars causing something to flap around fast enough to make noise but I am not seeing any opening.

Has anyone experienced this?

Edited by chaseincats

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.