IGNORED

Repairing Buzzer Wires From Ignition

Richie G

53 minutes ago, Yarb said:

@SteveJI think you mentioned in an earlier post of a new flasher that’s available that a few folks have tried weather they are using standard bulbs or LED.

Yarb I actually have an oem signal flasher that works but its the little button kind that flaps in the wind down there, no mounting bracket.  I could zip tie it of course but a pick and pull person I'm working with has a bunch of the old one with brackets they would donate.  the problem is I can't find anywhere with hours of searching for the right kind.  All i keep finding is the cylindrical ones that have the bracket but they are all the "Gold" kind heavy duty for the hazards or 3 wire for combination relays.

8 hours ago, Yarb said:

@SteveJI think you mentioned in an earlier post of a new flasher that’s available that a few folks have tried weather they are using standard bulbs or LED.

That would be this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0811GTVH2

It is not round (not important to me), and you have to add a ground wire (again not important to me). It does have an adjustable rate (something I like).

• Like 1

Just wanted to finish up what I started.  My issue was the new door switch the PO put in.  To recap, it was a two wire and both wires were connected properly to the ground wires for the dome light and the buzzer circuit.  What the issue was, and I can't understand how the PO didn't address this, was that these new door switches have one wire on constant ground.  That was the wire he had connected to the buzzer.  He had the switched ground luckily enough connected to the dome light.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So all I did was change the second wire to switched

image.jpeg

All is right and the buzzer that is straight from hell works as it should!

• Like 3

I would suggest putting an open barrel ring lug terminal on that wire. It will last longer.

https://www.amazon.com/Terminal-Connerctor-Terminals-Connectors-Assortment/dp/B08GFJY4NY

Even cheaper: https://www.amazon.com/Copper-Terminals-Connectors-Barrel-Electrical/dp/B0BN6335H7

Edited by SteveJ
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

I'm thinking now these new switches come with the one wire attached to the housing for applications where the body ground isn't available by contact with a metal surface like the door jamb.  So if you insert this in some plastic piece you can supply ground to the switch via that soldered wire to complete the grounding circuit.