IGNORED

280Z Steering Column Shroud STL

LorenB667

Does anyone have the upper portion of a steering column shroud for a 76 (I don’t know if there are year differences) that they could get a good scan of or if they already have an STL of it, I’m in need of it.

I’ve got my original lower that I’ll be scanning and making an STL of it so I can get one 3D printed.

I’m planning on doing more scans and creating STLs of as many parts as I can. I’m using the PolyCAM app on my phone. 

There are three distinct styles, 240, 260/280 to sometime in 76, then another in 77-78. The 280’s are different in the right side light/wiper stalk location, it is canted up 15-20 degrees on the 74 260 and onward, so the hole in the shroud is moved up, well the two halves of the hole, so the top hole is larger and bottom hole is smaller. The late 280 shroud is bigger and wider overall. 

I can scan them, but if you’ve got a spare cover…lol

I’m trying to get as many of the plastic or rubber parts as I can modeled or made into STL files so they can be 3D printed for people who have that capability. After all, some of these parts are getting hard to get or are overly expensive (dome lights, strut tower caps, etc.) and 3D printing odds getting ubiquitous.