IGNORED

SoFlo Z Club Referral

furypilot

I am giving up trying to fix my 280z fuel injection problems. I am thinking of bringing my car to SoFlo Z Club in Boca Raton. Has anyone on the site ever used them? I couldn't find any referrals on the web. Just trying to get a heads up idea of what they are like to work with.

thanks

Curt

14 hours ago, furypilot said:

giving up trying to fix my 280z fuel injection problems

Yes they can be a pain in the ****.  I think, when my 280zx injection starts to fail, ever.. i go to 2 simple carbs or Jenvey injection.. i think theire site is on www.jenvey.co.uk  or jenvey.com?  It's not cheap i think but you will get out of the troubles!

I don't know how much experience you have with carbs but they are fairly easy to put on the L28, and we can always help you if you don't understand the service manual. get the 240z manual and take a look at those carbs, they work also on your L28..  AND no computing stuff!!  A BIG plus!!  AND... if you do it yourself, you later on understand the technology and can fix all the problems that may occur!  Also be proud to have done it yourself..  I was affraid to fail at making my own steeringwheel.. well now look at the little pic on the left of this reply..  (Working since 2007!)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 4/27/2023 at 6:24 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

Yes they can be a pain in the ****.  I think, when my 280zx injection starts to fail, ever.. i go to 2 simple carbs or Jenvey injection.. i think theire site is on www.jenvey.co.uk  or jenvey.com?  It's not cheap i think but you will get out of the troubles!

I don't know how much experience you have with carbs but they are fairly easy to put on the L28, and we can always help you if you don't understand the service manual. get the 240z manual and take a look at those carbs, they work also on your L28..  AND no computing stuff!!  A BIG plus!!  AND... if you do it yourself, you later on understand the technology and can fix all the problems that may occur!  Also be proud to have done it yourself..  I was affraid to fail at making my own steeringwheel.. well now look at the little pic on the left of this reply..  (Working since 2007!)

Thank you very much for your post. I will consider the carb conversion. I did have the carbs changed on my 260z to carbs from a 240z. Giant improvement. My 280z is all stock I wonder if changing to carbs would lower its value? I looked at the jenvey website and their kit looks good. I didn't see any type of air cleaner. I guess I would either have to make my own or source one. Do you have any idea what the entire cost of installing the jenvey might be?

Thanks

Curt

14 hours ago, furypilot said:

Do you have any idea what the entire cost of installing the jenvey might be?

As i'm "in the process" of installing the engine back in my 280zx (now for 2 years or so.. i'm to ill to do something..) I have done a little investigation if my still very good working injection system would come to it's end..  I've seen some pricing and i was looking at around 3-3,500 euro/pounds/dollar? i think?  But they are just a phonecall or mail away..  Send them a short list of what you got and what you want and they make you an offer i guess.

(But i would get me some carbs if money is the problem, nice sound and no computers needed!)

(Also as my engine has low miles i don't need new injectors.. don't know if those 3500€ was with or without..)