IGNORED

Building Up HLS30-59920

CW240Z72

3 hours ago, bartsscooterservice said:

Looks like the typical wrong jacking up of the car.

The floors don't look bad at all from the pictures, why did you replace them , or was their hidden rott we can't see in the pictures? 

Most likely the case, damage that was done by the previous ownership. 

Passenger floor pan had rot where it overlapped the frame rail, right under the seat brackets. The drivers side probably could have been saved. It had some rot where it met the firewall and a few big dents I was worried would never fully come clean. Gambled replacing the entire panel would be quicker than all the smaller jobs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Don't forget to look at the inside of the outer beams (between the wheels..) that should be the place to lift your car.. not the inner beams! (use a endoscope, sometimes the lower part of the inner plate in the beam is completely gone, and it makes the changing a wheel with a normal jack a desaster.)

Take a look in the servicemanuals..

It's gonna be a nice car!! 

Absolutely, I’ve got special pucks I made with a notch down the middle to slide over these jack points for the 2 post 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Massive photo dump impound - bunch of progress made over the past few months

Full T3 suspension going under the Z. Color choices from T3 aren’t the best, that’s in the works to change 

IMG_4320.jpeg

BC extreme low coilovers  

69206222907__C26104BE-5A36-4587-827D-4402884F05D8.jpeg

Ztrix dash also arrived. Top notch piece from John. Lots more to come on this 

IMG_0022.jpeg

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

Why did you decide to take the clutch slave line through the passenger compartment?

Purely aesthetics. I didn’t want to cross over the fuel lines with it as they’re routed right above the clutch line. I’m getting really good at making simple things harder. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2